ladyevenstar22

guess who i met today related to star wars?

this guy named nick maley , he's a make-up artist who worked on the star wars films , the guy has a museum called "yoda guy : movie exhibit" i've seen the place a few times and thought how strange a movie museum here, but today i heard the star wars theme playing and he was at the door and invited me in as i passed, i was a bit skeptic at first but seeing the many articles and props inside hmmm it was a surreal experience, this guy knows george lucas, and worked with the actors , there was even an CP3O cardboard figure with a dialogue saying the odds of there been a star wars exhibit in the caribbean are of 1 in a million -ish, he's an artist too and had really nice painting inside, i'll have to go back when i have more time!i was about to touch the yoda prop but then i saw the sign "touch you may not" i had to giggle...

Not trying to upstage you, but I literally ran into George Lucas about 16 years ago now(has it been that long?). Now this was before the prequels or SEs.I was working as a manager of a dept store in San Rafael, Ca. And, as any manager would, I was in a hurry. I came down the escalator, turned and ran right into a guy...hard. I said "Sorry". He said, "No problem." I immediately recognized him and said. "Hey." He smiled then walked off. The funny thing was, I thought I knew him at first. It took a moment to realize I only "knew" him because he was famous. I thought about chasing him down, but decided that would be too...fanboyish. B)I didn't wash my shoulder for a week(But that was normal for me back then, so...). :P

• Like 2

A few years ago I was in the CT scanning room where I worked and a buddy of mine who was nurse in the ER called and me was like, "Come down here right now." "Lando is in the ER."At first I was like, 'Yea, right!" He goes, "no dude, I would not joke with you about this." "Get down here."So i go down and he tells what room to walk by and look in; and sure enough, there's Billy D Williams sitting up in a stretcher!!I asked his assistant if it would be ok to talk to him for a minute. He went in and asked him if he didn't mind and he said sure, no problem. I talked to him for a couple of minutes and he got his assistant to get a picture of him as Lando out of the car and he signed it for me. It was awesome. he's the only actor I've ever met from any of the SW movies.

• Like 1

arachnid that's not upstaging that' sharing cool news with the rest of the force :)my only claim to fame is meeting the rasta guy and willem defoe when they were filming speed 2 here, i never saw sandra bullock and that's who i was looking for , but the day i got close enough she was filming a scene on the make shift half-of -a-cruise boat that had crashed into the fake marina! so i got an autograph which got lost when we moved out of our old appartment pff i wasnt terribly upset though

Zach Galfifanakis came into the coffee shop were I worked last year, not star wars I know, but still kind of cool, but I didn't even recognize him until he left. :P I mad his drink and everything. Edited by Kalo21