Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM: IMAX/Digital 3D Schedule

Looking at Year 4, I did a lot of natively shot IMAX movies... Anyone else going to attempt a completely IMAX-shot film? :P

Oro, Worlds Apart, and Divisions are all natively shot IMAX films. Also, native IMAX should be reserved for big (read really big) budget productions simply because they have the money, and the time to deal with the notoriously tricky to shoot with IMAX cameras. Big, loud, difficult to maneuver.

You can't natively shoot IMAX and 3D, though...

Also, native IMAX should be reserved for big (read really big) budget productions simply because they have the money, and the time to deal with the notoriously tricky to shoot with IMAX cameras. Big, loud, difficult to maneuver.

I assuming this is referring to me shooting Bellringer and Hughes in IMAX. Hughes was shot in IMAX since after seeing DKR, I noticed Nolan used IMAX for even the smallest scenes, so I figured he'd continue with it on all future projects. Bellringer was shot in IMAX since I imagine a musical like that being gorgeous to see in IMAX, with all of the sights of France.

Blankments, since Blue Beetle isn't native 15/70, can Oro still keep some Digital IMAX, and all the 15/70 screens?And, also if at all possible, I'd like Oro to keep the 15/70 screens until Hindenburg.... Probably just dreaming here but it's worth a try :P

Edited by riczhang

The only movie this year I demand releases in all IMAX on the week of its release is Lucid. You can have Oro in all 15/70 if you wish, but I'd like some Digital and a decent number internationally.

That's fine, I'm just mainly concerned with the 15/70.

I'm not sure how it works, but they have IMAX 3D cameras, so I'm assuming you can. :unsure:

And I just googled it, and yup they have camera that shoot two seperate rolls of IMAX film at the same time, and you can project like that as well.

• Community Manager

Hindenburg is in Digital IMAX and 70mm IMAX for at least 4 weeks. Red Pyramid can take the screens after.

I don't think that's fair to movies coming after you two. I'd say Hindenburg has precedence since it was announced first and Red Pyramid originally had a different date. Edited by Water Bottle

Hindenburg is in Digital IMAX and 70mm IMAX for at least 4 weeks. Red Pyramid can take the screens after.

You'll get Digital and 70mm for 3 weeks because Lucid is shot in IMAX, and that's coming 30 July.

I think this list works pretty well, and also I just have Red Pyramid moved up to 25 June for a week long IMAX special release. I know that's WarCraft's release weekend, but we can deal with that later if Electric ends up putting WarCraft into IMAX, which IMO it should be but some people here choose not to use anything except for good old fashioned 2D.

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (3D) (February 6) - Digital IMAX only, 6 February - 5 March

Paradise Lost (March 5) 15/70 IMAX, 5 March - 30 April and Digital IMAX, 5 March - 9 April

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Bigfoot (3D) (April 9) Digital IMAX only, 9 April - 30 April

Oro (3D) (April 30) 15/70 IMAX, 30 April - 2 July and Digital IMAX 30 April - 18 June (Split screens with Blue Beetle 14 May, and 39 Clues 28 May)

Blue Beetle (3D) (May 14) Digital IMAX only 14 May - 28 May (Split Screens with Oro)

The 39 Clues: Maze Of Bones (3D) (May 28) Digital IMAX only 28 May - 18 June (Split screens with Oro)

The Adventures of Chris Smith: Island of Dinosaurs (3D) (June 18) Digital IMAX only (18 June - 25 June)

The Red Pyramid (June 25 - IMAX Exclusive release) Digital IMAX only (25 June - 2 July)

Hindenberg (July 2) 15/70 IMAX 2 July - 30 July and Digital IMAX 2 July - 30 July

Lucid (July 30) 15/70 IMAX 30 July - Unknown and Digital IMAX 30 July - 13 August

The House Of The Scorpion (August 13) Digital IMAX Only 13 August - 20 August (I'm not sure why this film would be in IMAX)

Plastic Man (3D) (August 20) Digital IMAX Only 20 August - 3 September

Time Lapse (September 3) - Digital IMAX Only 3 September - Unknown

Worlds Apart (November 19) 15/70 IMAX 19 November - Unknown and Digital IMAX 19 November - Unknown

Edited by riczhang

Unless The Red Pyramid's data in the Part 1 thread is updated to reflect the planned IMAX-only release, with an actual theater count for the 25th, there will not be any reflection of the IMAX release in the Part 1 schedule, which supersedes any release schedule here.

I think this list works pretty well, and also I just have Red Pyramid moved up to 25 June for a week long IMAX special release. I know that's WarCraft's release weekend, but we can deal with that later if Electric ends up putting WarCraft into IMAX, which IMO it should be but some people here choose not to use anything except for good old fashioned 2D.

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (3D) (February 6) - Digital IMAX only, 6 February - 5 March

Paradise Lost (March 5) 15/70 IMAX, 5 March - 30 April and Digital IMAX, 5 March - 9 April

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Bigfoot (3D) (April 9) Digital IMAX only, 9 April - 30 April

Oro (3D) (April 30) 15/70 IMAX, 30 April - 2 July and Digital IMAX 30 April - 18 June (Split screens with Blue Beetle 14 May, and 39 Clues 28 May)

Blue Beetle (3D) (May 14) Digital IMAX only 14 May - 28 May (Split Screens with Oro)

The 39 Clues: Maze Of Bones (3D) (May 28) Digital IMAX only 28 May - 18 June (Split screens with Oro)

The Adventures of Chris Smith: Island of Dinosaurs (3D) (June 18) Digital IMAX only (18 June - 25 June)

The Red Pyramid (June 25 - IMAX Exclusive release) Digital IMAX only (25 June - 2 July)

Hindenberg (July 2) 15/70 IMAX 2 July - 30 July and Digital IMAX 2 July - 30 July

Lucid (July 30) 15/70 IMAX 30 July - Unknown and Digital IMAX 30 July - 13 August

The House Of The Scorpion (August 13) Digital IMAX Only 13 August - 20 August (I'm not sure why this film would be in IMAX)

Plastic Man (3D) (August 20) Digital IMAX Only 20 August - 3 September

Time Lapse (September 3) - Digital IMAX Only 3 September - Unknown

Worlds Apart (November 19) 15/70 IMAX 19 November - Unknown and Digital IMAX 19 November - Unknown

No IMAX or 3D for me. Next Dimension has no room for it (and I wouldn't do 3D), and I think SpellForce has December IMAX, so none for Dawn either. Don't really care.