AniNate

Box Office Theory's Most Anticipated Films

I'd like to keep this activity alive, so I'm going to try and take control of it until 33Legend gets back (though if anyone else wants to help, it'd be greatly appreciated).For those who are new here, we had an ongoing thread since late 2009 where we listed our 10 most anticipated films over the next twelve months, and the movies were weighted based on their rankings and compiled into an overall list of the community's most anticipated films.Here's my list as an example:1. John Carter2. The Muppets3. Brave4. The Dark Knight Rises5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo6. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol7. The Avengers8. The Adventures of Tintin9. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows10. War HorseWith this ranking, John Carter would be worth 10 points, The Muppets worth 9, Brave worth 8 and so on. We have the 12 month limit in place to keep the thread active on a week-by-week basis, and I think the anticipation of putting a new movie on your list adds a bit of excitement.33Legend's rule was that every movie with a release date up to the end of the twelfth month from now was eligible, but there were some issues involving Potter and Dark Knight's rankings back in July so I think I'd like to keep it to exactly one year from the current/previous Thursday (Friday if you live in the far east). So right now you can list any movie with a US release date up to Skyfall. You may also list any film currently in limited release so long as its theater count has not yet decreased from one week to the nextSCORING CLARIFICATION: To keep things fair for everyone who posts a list during the week, only movies within a year from the PREVIOUS Friday will be counted.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

• Community Manager

1) The Dark Knight Rises2) The Hunter Games3) The Avengers4) Sherlock Holmes 25) The Expendables 26) Bourne Legacy7) Skyfall8) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo9) Ghost Protocol10) Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 (What?)

Here's mine1. The Muppets2. The Hobbit: An Amazing Journey3. The Dark Knight Rises4. The Avengers5. Brave6. The Amazing Spider-Man7. Sherlock Holmes 28. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol9. John Carter10. Snow White and the Huntsman

[*]The Muppets

[*]The Adventures of Tintin

[*]The Avengers

[*]SKyfall

[*]The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

[*]Sherlock Holmes 2

[*]Men In Black 3

[*]The Hunger Games

[*]The Dark Knight Rises

[*]The Amazing Spider-Man

Edited by EmpireStrikesBack

I totally forgot about that one, Noctis. I haven't even watched the trailer yet. I'm almost afraid to see the story come to life for some weird reason. I guess because it meant so much to me at the time I read it.

You know who the director is, right?

Well, I just looked it up, the author.That's great. But can he direct?

Obviously, or else they wouldn't have given him the job.The film actually didn't have the necessary funding until Emma came on board and promoted interest for the project. She flew to Los Angeles to show them how interested she was in it. And with that, Summit Entertainment picked it.

1. Breaking Dawn Part 22. The Hunger Games3. Snow White and the Huntsman4. Prometheus5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo6: The Dark Knight Rises7. The Avengers8. The Amazing Spider-Man9. Wrath of the Titans10. The Bourne Legacy