AniNate

Box Office Theory's Most Anticipated Films

Welcome back, 33Legend!If you expect you're going to be busy over the next three months, I think it's probably best if you have some backup. I could let you take over but if I see you haven't posted the combined rankings by, say, Sunday, I think it would be easy for me to just step in and count them up for you.I did alter the rules a bit, though. I think we should just keep it a solid 365 days into the future, if that's not any trouble. It's just I don't want something like what happened in July between Potter and Batman happening again. I could keep track of what opens and what closes if you find that too difficult.And FWIW, I think Dark Knight's streak at number 1 is still going.

Edited by tribefan695

Welcome back, 33Legend!If you expect you're going to be busy over the next three months, I think it's probably best if you have some backup. I could let you take over but if I see you haven't posted the combined rankings by, say, Sunday, I think it would be easy for me to just step in and count them up for you.I did alter the rules a bit, though. I think we should just keep it a solid 365 days into the future, if that's not any trouble. It's just I don't want something like what happened in July between Potter and Batman happening again. I could keep track of what opens and what closes if you find that too difficult.And FWIW, I think Dark Knight's streak at number 1 is still going.

Sounds perfect and the 365 day rule is a good one too. I have to figure out my list. It's been a little while.

Hey Legend, great to see you.And yeah I agree.(I really want to know where PIB and Real Steel would of placed)

Great to see you too Impact. I'm guessing Puss in Boots would have been around #12. It will be interesting to see where the numbers the Hobbit puts up next month.

My list for 11-18-11-24

1.The Dark Knight Rises

2.Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

3.Titanic

4.Hugo

5.War Horse

6.The Adventures of Tintin

7.Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol

8.The Avengers

9.Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

10.The Muppets

Edited by 33Legend

1. Snow White and the Huntsman2. 47 Ronin3. Jack the Giant Killer4. Hansel and Gretel Witchhunters5. The Woman in Black6. Wrath of the Titans7. The Raven8. Sherlock Holmes, a Game of Shadows9. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter10.John Carter

Tawasal's most anticipated movies

[*]11/18-11/24

[*]The Dark Knight Rises

[*]Brave

[*]Men in Black 3

[*]John Carter

[*]American Reunion

[*]The Sitter

[*]War Horse

[*]The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

[*]Safe House

[*]Dr. Seuss' The Lorax

No, I meant Breaking Dawn Part 2. I posted on 18 Nov and BD2 is opening 16 Nov 2012 - that's within 12 months.

Oh; well, you posted that when it was Thursday morning here so I guess I need to close and open movies on Thursday instead of Friday. I'll see if I can take your list out of last week's and put it in this week's Edited by tribefan695

Yay, someone else is interested.

The concept sounds like it could be a hilarious dark comedy. I have avoided the trailer and am relying on reviews and acting power.Btw, nice dp, haha I used Cyndaquil as a starter back in Pokemon Gold, lol.And I gave both Tintin and Tinker Tailor (high on your anticipated list) a B+ each. The former has some stunning anticipation and the only thing keeping me from giving it an A is Tintin's inherent lack of character to make him a more interesting protagonist. The latter has superb acting performances and it moves quite swiftly for its subject matter but I can't see myself seeing it repeatedly hence the grade. Edited by BK007

SCORING CLARIFICATION: To keep things fair for everyone who posts a list during the week, only movies within a year from the PREVIOUS Thursday (Friday if you live in the far east) will be counted.

That means films like 47 Ronin and Rise of the Guardians will be counted for next week's list, but not for this week's. And any film that has its release date set during the week will still not be counted until next week's list; likewise any film that gets delayed to a date further than a year away will still be counted for this week.

Edited by tribefan695

The concept sounds like it could be a hilarious dark comedy. I have avoided the trailer and am relying on reviews and acting power.Btw, nice dp, haha I used Cyndaquil as a starter back in Pokemon Gold, lol.And I gave both Tintin and Tinker Tailor (high on your anticipated list) a B+ each. The former has some stunning anticipation and the only thing keeping me from giving it an A is Tintin's inherent lack of character to make him a more interesting protagonist. The latter has superb acting performances and it moves quite swiftly for its subject matter but I can't see myself seeing it repeatedly hence the grade.

I think I enjoyed both those films far more than you did... Carnage is also a blast. Christoph Waltz is genius in that one.

Oh; well, you posted that when it was Thursday morning here so I guess I need to close and open movies on Thursday instead of Friday. I'll see if I can take your list out of last week's and put it in this week's

Well, it was Friday here - even if I posted on Thu 17 Nov your time, BD2 is opening on 16 Nov in the US - that's within 365 days of my post. Your inital post said any movie within the next 12 months was fine.

So, can I vote for the week 18-14, since my previous post was on 17 Nov PST? If I can:1. Breaking Dawn Part 22. Snow White and the Huntsman3. The Hunger Games4. Prometheus5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo6: The Dark Knight Rises7. The Avengers8. The Amazing Spider-Man9. Wrath of the Titans10. The Bourne Legacy