Neo

Justice League Dark | HBO Max | Series by Bad Robot

And "Justice League Dark"?  I like the title... but it seems like something that would come out AFTER a straight forward JL movie.  Almost as a poorly planned cash-grab.  (Imagine Marvel cranking out a "West Coast Avengers" movie right now with Marvel's third-stringers as headliners.)

But I still love the idea of this movie.

I want B&B first.  I still see to see a Del Toro movie. Yes, I am hypocrite for talking shit about comic book movies and saying that I am looking forward to this one. 

B&B is for Summer 2013 then is Crimson Peak followed by this, PAC RIM 2 or AtMoM (my guesses).

Edited by Neo

...Remember back to when this Del Toro project was first rumored and it was called “Heaven Sent”? Guess what the target of  The Brujería and The Great Darkness actually is? It's not Earth like what Swamp Thing first thought, it's Heaven. The cult plans to destroy Heaven. This is why the team is formed. Constantine and Swamp Thing spend much of the set-up issues wandering the world (both the physical and other worldly planes) locating and convincing characters to help them stop The Brujería. Along the way they recruit Deadman, The Phantom Stranger, The Spectre, Etrigan the Demon, Dr. Fate, Zatanna, Zatara, Sargon the Sorcerer, Dr. Occult, and Mento to help them (of which most of these have been mentioned by Del Toro as being a part of the cast). Together they all band together as a group of unlikely heroes charged with saving Heaven, and with a band of angels in tow they are indeed “Heaven Sent.”

http://m.superherohype.com/features/articles/175611-is-this-the-plot-for-guillermo-del-toros-dark-universe-movie

Guillermo del Toro Promises a Blond John Constantine for Dark Universe

-Story Bible written, no script yet

-Writer will be revealed shortly

-Will be after Crimson Peak

-John Constantine (Blond; is recruiting) will be the protagonist

-Jason Blood (Knight) history with King Arthur will be explored

-Swamp Thing is at peace

-Deadman is trying to find out who shot him

Edited by Neo

On Justice League Dark, Del Toro revealed that his script features Constantine, The Swamp Thing, Madame Xanadu, Deadman and Zantanna as the team. He stated that there are other characters in the mix too (“everybody that doesn’t feel like a repeat”) – but any additional info would be too ‘spoilery’ for the hypothetical film.  However Del Toro is still waiting for the go-ahead from Warner Brothers (perhaps box-office returns on Man of Steel and Pacific Rim will dictate it’s fate). Per Del Toro “If they [Warners] like the [script], I’ll do it; if not…”

http://collider.com/justice-league-dark-news-guillermo-del-toro-monster-hbo/

This team made up of the DC Comics characters won't include the big names like Batman and Superman, but it does bring together some of the strangest supernatural beings from that universe, something that sounds pitch perfect for del Toro, who's currently rewriting the outline while the production waits for it yet-to-be-announced writer.I think that the great thing about the dark universe is that you have this possibility of basically creating a supernatural group. You can play by different rules. I would love to see the DC universe become as cohesive as the Marvel filmic universe. If there's any correlation, I will honor it.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1710026/guillermo-del-toro-emma-watson-beauty-beast.jhtml

• Like 1

Monsters! More monsters. When I was following the DC comics in my youth, my favorites were Swamp Thing, [Etrigan the] Demon, Deadman … My earliest love was Constantine, and I love Zatanna, Destiny, the whole mythology. So we’re working on a really rich mythological environment.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-dark-universe-movie-guillermo-del-toro/

Justice League Dark is very active.  I’m doing one more revision while we wait for the writer.  It’s somebody big, [and] we’re patiently waiting for that writer.  I think it’s worth it, I think it’s a guy we all admire.  I’m doing my revisions on my sort of Bible, on my story for the film.  I can tell you it’s the writing project I’ve enjoyed the most in English.  Devil’s Backbone and Pan’s Labyrinth are in Spanish, but of all my writing and screenplays, this was so much fun because it was character.  It was a pretty easy plot, but the character interaction, Swamp Thing with Deadman and Demon, it’s so joyful for me to write that.  Constantine is such a great character, so dry.  I think it could be a great movie.  I don’t want to do many changes until the proper writer comes onboard.

http://collider.com/justice-league-dark-news-haunted-mansion-news-guillermo-del-toro/

Script is still active.

We talked about it at DC and Warners, and I feel confident that the two properties can exist at the same time. I think that DC is trying to create a great universe of characters, and expand it and make it clear to the audience that it’s a landscape of characters, and not just one that’s dependent on one or two characters.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/guillermo-del-toro-says-justice-league-dark-and-the-john-constantine-tv-show-can-coexist
Edited by Neo