Neo

Justice League Dark | HBO Max | Series by Bad Robot

4 hours ago, Gamb1993 said:

Why was he a joke? His worst films that I can see are Mr & Mrs Smith and Jumper.

He wasn't a joke, but he has a reputation for his shoots being crazy (but the results are almost always good). Some details: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-bourne-identity/40217/the-bourne-identity-the-battle-to-make-the-first-film

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Maybe he will be Shazam

I think Tatum would be great as Shazam and I imagine a Tatum/Johnson pairing would be a good selling point. I wouldn't be surprised if they opted for an unknown for Shazam though like Benjamin Walker. 

40 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Wait ,what?

Soon after BvS released and made a lot of cash, Warner announced two more movies to their slate. At the time, analyst believed this to be a sign of desperation to distract from BvS's poor legs. So, seemingly, whenever a DCEU movie approaches 300m, announcements to the future slate are made, and apparently, according to some, that's a bad sign.

15 hours ago, UrosepsisFace said:

This must be in reaction to Suicide Squad's flop. The whole make-announcements-for-future-movies-to-distract-from-the-300m-DOM-failure trick. I see your strategy DC. Well 

1 hour ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Soon after BvS released and made a lot of cash, Warner announced two more movies to their slate. At the time, analyst believed this to be a sign of desperation to distract from BvS's poor legs. So, seemingly, whenever a DCEU movie approaches 300m, announcements to the future slate are made, and apparently, according to some, that's a bad sign.

I'm sorry I didn't catch the Sarcasm

(Which is totally on me).

Lol ,that's funny.

I like the idea of the DCEU being more magic/horror based especially when contrasted to MCU's "SCIENCE!!1!!" The concept of Enchantress in SS was novel and interesting, it was just the execution that was broad and under developed (though understandable considering there were a million other things happening in the movie).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

God, Fox was stupid enough to announce Liman as director and NOT have under contract/legal obligation to do the film? What a bunch of idiots.....

Hmm, I don't think Fox is ALL THAT into Gambit which is... weird, considering Deadpool's performance. It could also be a matter of creative differences between Liman and Kinberg and co. Liman being smart enough to bow out much ahead of time before a potential Trankwreck 2.0 

16 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Maybe he will be Shazam

That's the rumor. And it's for the same reason that Liman apparently pulled out of "Gambit" just a few  months before shooting starts,and the script is still a mess.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonwo said:

JLD has potential with all the various supernatural DC characters although I really want to see either a Metal Men movie or the Doom Patrol movie.

The people who made "The Adams Family" and the "Men IN Black" franchises have optioned the Metal Men.

Good choice. That is one project that DC really needs to go in a much lighter, wacky direction with.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I like the idea of the DCEU being more magic/horror based especially when contrasted to MCU's "SCIENCE!!1!!" The concept of Enchantress in SS was novel and interesting, it was just the execution that was broad and under developed (though understandable considering there were a million other things happening in the movie).

Completely agree with this! I really hope they embrace the magic here, that would be an awesome counter-point to MCU's approach. I do wonder about Dr. Strange though, will MCU finally embrace the magic too? I guess we'll soon find out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Completely agree with this! I really hope they embrace the magic here, that would be an awesome counter-point to MCU's approach. I do wonder about Dr. Strange though, will MCU finally embrace the magic too? I guess we'll soon find out.

I think Doctor Strange will take a "scientific approach" to the magic by explaining it as a manipulation of quantum physics or something. Which IMO misses the point of magic :P I could be wrong.

Justice League Dark should be an out and out mystical fantasy/horror, as it has characters with deep ties to Arthurian legends like Nimue (Madame Xanadu) and Constantine who is a descendant of the Lady of the Lake. Besides the other magical and supernatural characters like Zatanna, Etrigan and Deadman.

• Like 1

Liman is currently stumping for his new VR-based TV series Invisible—cryptically noting, “How can you be conventional when there aren’t even conventions that exist?”

“When Warner Bros. wants to sort of turn the comic book genre on its head, they call me. It’s like, how do you fundamentally reinvent what people are doing?”

Edge Of Tomorrow 2 has been on the books for a while now, but Liman revealed a few little glimmers of his master plan for the franchise, telling Collider it’s “a sequel that’s a prequel,” and IGN, “It’s going to revolutionize how people make sequels.”

“You know, sometimes I’m working on a project and I pitch an idea that’s too conventional, and the producers will say back to me, ‘That’s not Doug Liman enough.’ And that’s the good and the bad news of this sort of box I’ve been put in.”

Cocaine's a helluva drug.