Tower

Weekend estimates (11-02/04-12)(starting pg 15)

Awesome for Flight (100M is locked) and Argo (140M locked).

I really wouldn't throw those words together with those numbers around if I were you. Flight isn't locked for anything more than $75m right now and Argo has ways to go before reaching even $100m yet. We'll see what Skyfall and the pre-Thanksgiving weekend have to say about both of them.

I really wouldn't throw those words together with those numbers around if I were you. Flight isn't locked for anything more than $75m right now and Argo has ways to go before reaching even $100m yet. We'll see what Skyfall and the pre-Thanksgiving weekend have to say about both of them.

75m and 100m respectively are locked.

I really wouldn't throw those words together with those numbers around if I were you.Flight isn't locked for anything more than $75m right now and Argo has ways to go before reaching even $100m yet. We'll see what Skyfall and the pre-Thanksgiving weekend have to say about both of them.

Fourth weekend:The Town: 6.4MArgo: 10.5M (with 40% Sunday drop)Cume after 4 wkns:The Town: 73.8MArgo: 76.1MThe Town went on to do 92M (73.8+18.2) in total. Even with TW later legs, Argo will do 106M (76.1+30[10.5/6.4 * 18.2]). Obviously, Argo is gonna hold much better than TW, with about half of TW wkn-wkn drop, so Argo gonna do 136M (76.1+60). Given some little Acamdey awards boost, 140M will be done when all is said and done.As for Flight, 24M OW from 1900 theaters pretty much equals 40M+ OW from 3700 theaters, with excellent wom, dont see how it can miss 100M. Edited by firedeep
  • Like 3

Fourth weekend:The Town: 6.4MArgo: 10.5M (with 40% Sunday drop)Cume after 4 wkns:The Town: 73.8MArgo: 76.1MThe Town went on to do 92M (73.8+18.2) in total. Even with TW later legs, Argo will do 106M (76.1+30[10.5/6.4 * 18.2]). Obviously, Argo is gonna hold much better than TW, with about half of TW wkn-wkn drop, so Argo gonna do 136M (76.1+60). Given some little Acamdey awards boost, 140M will be done when all is said and done.As for Flight, 24M OW from 1900 theaters pretty much equals 40M+ OW from 3700 theaters, with excellent wom, dont see how it can miss 100M.

Argo has the Skyfall weekend and the pre-Thanksgiving weekend as its 5th and 6th weekends, whereas The Town had three weeks of total October desolation to itself after its fourth weekend. I believe Argo will be lucky to have sub-30% drops in the next two weekends (which would be great because most holdovers will fall much harder), and won't reach $100m until Thanksgiving weekend. Then there's the black Friday weekend, meaning a 40% drop at the very least for pretty much any movie. The way I see it, $100m is locked for Argo, $110m is likely, and there's an outside chance at $120m.And I have no idea where you pulled that $40m OW in 3700 theaters from. Regardless of PTA, Flight's OW is still $24m, and any movie that wants to make $100m off a $24m OW has to work long and hard to do it. There's still no guarantee Paramount will expand it enough to substantially affect its legs. I would agree about $100m being locked if Flight made $24m in 800 theaters a la Borat, but it's far from the same situation. Edited by Jake Gittes