• Joel Edgerton
    • Ethan Hawke
    • Aaron Eckhart
    • Paul Walker
    • Sam Rockwell
    • Pierce Brosnan
    • Garrett Hedlund
    • Other (please name)

You honestly think that the teens of today want to see Mark Hamill running around? Sure, it would be cool, but Disney is thinking about dollar signs. Plus it would make no sense unless the movies were called: Star Wars: Attack of Alzheimer's, Star Wars: Return of the Creaky Knees and Star Wars: Stuck in the Past.Star Wars Epsiodes IV-VI were epic to say the least. But if they are going to do this, than they need new people portraying these characters.

You honestly think that the teens of today want to see Mark Hamill running around? Sure, it would be cool, but Disney is thinking about dollar signs. Plus it would make no sense unless the movies were called: Star Wars: Attack of Alzheimer's, Star Wars: Return of the Creaky Knees and Star Wars: Stuck in the Past.Star Wars Epsiodes IV-VI were epic to say the least. But if they are going to do this, than they need new people portraying these characters.

We don't even know the time period the movie will take place. We don't know if its going to take place immediately after the events of Return of the Jedi in which case a recast would make sense or years/decades later in which case using the original cast would be the best choice. Also who do you think will be the primary audience for these movies? Young teens who are probably more into other newer franchises and have to be sold on Star Wars, or the longtime fanboys who grew up on Star Wars in the 70s, 80s, and 90s?

We don't even know the time period the movie will take place. We don't know if its going to take place immediately after the events of Return of the Jedi in which case a recast would make sense or years/decades later in which case using the original cast would be the best choice.Also who do you think will be the primary audience for these movies? Young teens who are probably more into other newer franchises and have to be sold on Star Wars, or the longtime fanboys who grew up on Star Wars in the 70s, 80s, and 90s?

Both. If they want to make serious serious serious cash like they potientally can, they need to please both. Harrison Ford as a cameo would be amazing, but let's be real.

Both. If they want to make serious serious serious cash like they potientally can, they need to please both. Harrison Ford as a cameo would be amazing, but let's be real.

With this fanbase recasting is a dangerous proposition. I mean you have people still pissed about the "Han shoots first" crap and think George Lucas raped their childhood with the Prequels. If they recast Luke, Leia, or Han with assholes who couldn't hold a candle to the original actors, these movies will be hated by the fanboys and it will probably disappoint. To be safe I think they should set the movie a few decades after ROTJ, use the original cast in their original roles but older and use them to bridge the gap to a newer younger cast of characters that would appeal to a younger generation.

No. That would be horrible and deadly as they could not sustain a younger audience for 3 movies. Disney wants an Avengers-Star Wars duo that is undeniably sexy. Let's say that it ends up being JGL/Fassbender/Hathaway for Luke/Han Solo/Leia. Huge. And all 3 can act. I'm not suggesting that we put Taylor Lautner, Taylor Kitsch and Megan Fox out there. There are still quality actors, ya know.

No. That would be horrible and deadly as they could not sustain a younger audience for 3 movies. Disney wants an Avengers-Star Wars duo that is undeniably sexy. Let's say that it ends up being JGL/Fassbender/Hathaway for Luke/Han Solo/Leia. Huge. And all 3 can act. I'm not suggesting that we put Taylor Lautner, Taylor Kitsch and Megan Fox out there. There are still quality actors, ya know.

The thing is, these are iconic roles and I don't know if Star Wars fans would buy anyone but the original actors playing those roles unless they pull off a Star Trek time travel/alternate reality type scenario.

The thing is, these are iconic roles and I don't know if Star Wars fans would buy anyone but the original actors playing those roles unless they pull off a Star Trek time travel/alternate reality type scenario.

I agree with you, but there's no harm in treating this thread as a fun "what if?" speculation.

Harrison Ford.With today's technology, they can just "de-age" the original three actors like freakin' Brett Ratner did with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. If Ratner could do it from old photos of the actors then surely someone even slightly more talented could do it with three films worth of footage and scenes from the cutting room floor. I want the original actors. We are super lucky they are all still alive and very much kicking. Their personalities, their mannerisms, their faces are essential if the characters are going to be a big part of this new series.But, hopefully better than the de-aging they did for Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy(He just looked weird).

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™