A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

28 minutes ago, Mau said:

Realistically how much the re-release of avatar 2 could make in china? 

I would put under Interstellar but considering Interstellar will make $4mn Approx on its opening day, not sure how it will trend, it is likely Avatar take the no.1 spot but I will expect Endgame to take back when it re-release, which I hope is sooner.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

20 minutes ago, Mau said:

Realistically how much the re-release of avatar 2 could make in china? 

Wait for it to come out first, we got at least a few years before we start talking about Avatar 2 rereleases. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mau said:

Realistically how much the re-release of avatar could make in china? 

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

Wait for it to come out first, we got at least a few years before we start talking about Avatar 2 rereleases. 

He meant Avatar release I think.

And we will know very very soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I would put under Interstellar but considering Interstellar will make $4mn Approx on its opening day, not sure how it will trend, it is likely Avatar take the no.1 spot but I will expect Endgame to take back when it re-release, which I hope is sooner.

imo lets see if whatever money interstellar makes go to the box office of that movie before we talk about avatar bc based from what i have seen from other releases in the cinemas that are open in us(and other countries), there is a good chance that the money from the releases wont be added to the box office, anyways this is not known for sure yet so, lets see what will happen with interstellar

Edited by john2000

14 minutes ago, john2000 said:

imo lets see if whatever money interstellar makes go to the box office of that movie before we talk about avatar bc based from what i have seen from other releases in the cinemas that are open in us(and other countries), there is a good chance that the money from the releases wont be added to the box office, anyways this is not known for sure yet so, lets see what will happen with interstellar

yeah, but only layman and box office normies can afford that. the folks here will care for the actual facts instead of what box office mojo says imo.

37 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

China Boxoffice Sat. 1st August 2020

1. Dolittle: ¥9.1mn / ¥74.8mn ($10.6mn)
2. The Enigma Of Arrival: ¥6.5mn / ¥15.8mn
3. Sheep Without A Shepherd: ¥6.2mn / ¥1256mn

Overall ¥36mn Saturday. Dolittle shall go for ¥23mn 2nd weekend.

How'd Sonic and Jojo Rabbit do?

From early looks of it, seems like ¥18-21mn Sunday for Interstellar. Let's see how evening goes.

Dolittle seems like ¥8.5-9mn. Should win the weekend.

Nice weekend. Three separate toppers on each day.

Update 14:00

Interstellar: ¥11.2mn (+¥3.7mn from PS)

Dolittle: ¥3.6mn (+¥2.7mn from PS)

Dolittle walk-ins are closing the difference between Interstellar pretty past, with Interstellar being only 1.4x ahead. I won't be surprised if at end of day, Dolittle & Interstellar business during the day is same. Ofcourse Interstellar will have a lead of huge ¥6.5mn from Pre-sales.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2