A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

Yeah. I've read about that too. I think it's along the line of "we don't want to share our profits". Curious to see how they handle 20th Century Fox, where many producers are in a first-look deal (and therefore profit-sharing).

I think Disney will simply shut down most of Fox productions. They keep those that they can totally control. they will continue firing employees at the same time.

Unlike any other big 5, Disney only produce 10-15 films each year. Many of Fox's twenty-some films each year will be considered unnecessary by Disney. The strategy is different.

29 minutes ago, Olive said:

Sunday of last year, April 8th

RPO did ¥41mn from ¥88mn Saturday, coming of a Holiday weekend, so dropped a bit harsher. Also, RPO was in the 2nd weekend so rush demand was lesser. Endgame may drop 50% or lower. I think.

1760 or $260-265mn.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

RPO did ¥41mn from ¥88mn Saturday. Being optimistic a 50% drop from Saturday. What I think

1700 or $250-255mn.

Pretty much where I’m at as well. Does it look like April 7 had weaker bumps than a normal Sat because of the work the next day?

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

RPO did ¥41mn from ¥88mn Saturday, coming of a Holiday weekend, so dropped a bit harsher. Also, RPO was in the 2nd weekend so rush demand was lesser. Endgame may drop 50% or lower. I think.

1760 or $260-265mn.

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Pretty much where I’m at as well. 

very reasonable projection

16 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Besides when was last time Sunday was working day @Olive

A workday sunday usually performs like a Summer monday. 

50% drop from Sat (which is effectively a sunday) instead of 66%.

Since sat is a sunday the bump will be smaller than normal from friday

22 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Endgame Maoyan interest now at 737.2k, topping IW's biggest daily increase for the 5th day in a row.

21 hours ago, Olive said:

daily increase was 50,991

So Olive I have no clue how you got 51k (I love it) but for making it myself easy I will use the number flash and I had at midnight on the app (I always look on my pc).

So this is what I have:

689k Monday

737.2k Tuesday (+48.2k but 51k is probably more accurate by Olive)

It's at 799k and still has one hour to go so probably around 809k. So atleast a 64k + increase today.

I said it yester day as almost locked but this makes it a done deal in my opinion. 

EDIT: bad numbers

Edited by pepsa

10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

So Olive I have no clue how you got 51k (I love it) but for making it myself easy I will use the number flash and I had at midnight on the app (I always look on my pc).

So this is what I have:

689k Monday

It's at 799k and still has one hour to go so probably around 809k. So atleast a 67k + increase probably 70k - 72k today.

I said it yester day as almost locked but this makes it a done deal in my opinion. 

It’s not going to jump 10k in the next hour, but it will get to over 800k. So the 24h increase will be roughly 63k, or a 6th straight day over IW highest day. 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, pepsa said:

So this is what I have:

689k Monday

It's at 799k and still has one hour to go so probably around 809k. So atleast a 64k + increase today.

EDIT: bad numbers

The app gives the number.

Click the movie one the mobile app, you can see 3 numbers in yellow , one is total WTS, one is daily increase, the other is peak daily increase.

• Like 2