A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Just now, hellnekom said:

You are truly a movie nerd man,everything is about movies.Amazing.:wintf:

I believe you are in the wrong site. What are you doing here in BOT if not talk about anything that concerns movies, especially its box office?

15 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I believe you are in the wrong site. What are you doing here in BOT if not talk about anything that concerns movies, especially its box office?

Those numbers are what interests me,especially Endgame numbers.

But when you want to talk about politics and real people,this whole  the Chinese should go abroad just to watch a movie? And then what, go back to China after the movie ends? is just so ridiculous

Calm down.

Edited by hellnekom

49 minutes ago, hellnekom said:

LMAO,People on the Internet talking about politics, all thought they are superior ...Always so funny to see.

But the truth,unfortunately,is that the majority of chinese people don't even care about this censorship bullshit anymore.I mean they used to,meybe 10 or 20 years ago,back when economy is still poor and lack of choices of entertainment,so you watch TV or movies(mostly pirated DVD of course).

But it's 2019 bro. People can choose to see what they want themselves.Around 149 million tarvel abroad in 2018 ,149 million,that's more than WW2 admission number lol.

You thought this is still the time where you need some sort of media to express your desire for freedom?Why not get your visa done and see it for yourself?

Normal people live their lives.

They don't care if you can't see one movie for whatever political reasons,CCP doesn't forbid you from travelling or studying abroad.

Anyway,why bring those political talks in?

The real world,which is always, nothing like that.

Just...relax lol.

Not sure who you are talking to, but I would like to add here one or two words.

People, rich or poor, have every right to talk about politics on the internet.  Censorship kills creativity and freedom of expression. Censorship is BAD. There is just no way to spin about.

If 800 is banned, five years hard work of hundred of people for nothing, the producer could go bankrupt (they have already been in a really bad shape), hundred of workers would lose their jobs. Hundred of theaters will close due to continuous lack of quality supply. The whole film industry which is already very weak will get worse.

It is terrible. Can we just pretend nothing happened? No nest, no eggs.

"People can choose to see what they want themselves" Are you sure about that? When every kind of art, publication, expression is being censored.

Why I have to travel abroad just to see a movie? Why cannot I get to choose what I want at home? 140 million may sound like a lot. But that still just is a minority of Chinese people.

Most Chinese people havent realized their rights have been gradually violated in recent years. there is no escape if China becomes a super-sized North Korea. Travel abroad? Nah.

54 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Well, you're not wrong about that.

I've seen people defending the censorship today claiming: "well, we live in really sensitive times".

Never under-estimate people's ability to acclimate themselves to oppression

Many people are easy to roll with the punches.

I already cant vote in China. At least I can express my unhappyness on a English forum. (:ph34r:the recent posts in this thread would get deleted by CCP within 1 minutes, if this were a Chinese forum)

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, firedeep said:

Most Chinese people havent realized their rights have been gradually violated in recent years. there is no escape if China becomes a super-sized North Korea

This is getting serious,I'm out.

Just want to wait for FFH and TLK numbers.Hope at least FFH do well.

This summer is a big disappointment so far,what happened?