Jump to content
A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office: General Discussion Thread (2019 the worst year for HLW)

Recommended Posts

¥165-230mn weekend for Toy Story 4 IMO, depending on word of mouth.

35-40

70-90

60-100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

¥165-230mn weekend for Toy Story 4 IMO, depending on word of mouth.

35-40

70-90

60-100

that's big opening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, firedeep said:

that's big opening

Yeah, pre-sales are such, and most likely the number will be lower limit going by Pixar record in China. The latter is for something like Coco happen.

 

That said, TS3 did ¥117mn in 2010, that's around ¥350-400mn in today's business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

¥165-230mn weekend for Toy Story 4 IMO, depending on word of mouth.

35-40

70-90

60-100

Needs 9,5-9,6+ on maoyan to have a chance on high numbers IMO.

I expect less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could the new Endgame cut hit theaters i China?

I did`ent understand why they was`ent able to get extension whent it felt like there was so much more to get

 

@Olive , @Gavin Feng @firedeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Needs 9,5-9,6+ on maoyan to have a chance on high numbers IMO.

I expect less

Yeah, what I was trying to say was that these films (low openers) are sorta unpredictable except opening day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Could the new Endgame cut hit theaters i China?

I did`ent understand why they was`ent able to get extension whent it felt like there was so much more to get

 

@Olive , @Gavin Feng @firedeep

Trade war

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fmpro said:

Could the new Endgame cut hit theaters i China?

I did`ent understand why they was`ent able to get extension whent it felt like there was so much more to get

 

@Olive , @Gavin Feng @firedeep

no chance

 

Film Bureau was cruel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for 12th July so that CBO could become interesting again :sparta:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SURAJ said:

Waiting for 28th June so that CBO could become interesting again :sparta:

 

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think re-releases are prohibited in China.

Titanic and Avatar had one i think??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Titanic and Avatar had one i think??

I remember one of @Olive or @Gavin Feng saying that. Titanic had one but I am not sure if Avatar had one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I remember one of @Olive or @Gavin Feng saying that. Titanic had one but I am not sure if Avatar had one.

i dont think that avatar had 

Edited by john2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rerelease for Hollywood films has been impossible since Terminator 2 3D was killed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

rerelease for Hollywood films has been impossible since Terminator 2 3D was killed.

can i ask why ? in general cant movies do that ? whats the reason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

can i ask why ? in general cant movies do that ? whats the reason 

because...it’s Chinatown.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

¥165-230mn weekend for Toy Story 4 IMO, depending on word of mouth.

35-40

70-90

60-100

I was expecting ¥6mn pre-sales but ¥5mn seems like best case scenario. Accordingly will reduce my expectations to ¥30mn OD and ¥130-150mn OW, in same range/trend that of Aladdin and Incredibles 2. 

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I was expecting ¥6mn pre-sales but ¥5mn seems like best case scenario. Accordingly will reduce my expectations to ¥30mn OD and ¥130-150mn OW, in same range/trend that of Aladdin and Incredibles 2. 

can aladdin hit 60 in china ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.