A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

I never saw a increase for TLK eventhough it looked strong earlier

Looking up have added zero yuan the last 3 hours. And my question is. Are there no evening shows for it today?

Plenty of evening shows for Looking Up.  Not sure why it's not getting updates. 

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

I never saw a increase for TLK eventhough it looked strong earlier

Looking up have added zero yuan the last 3 hours. And my question is. Are there no evening shows for it today?

Maoyan numbers are running faster than the numbers shown in the official app. Maoyan has to slow down. In the official app, FFH is higher than Looking Up. FFH is the only one that is lower in Maoyan than in the official app. So it might be the only one that will get an bigger increase in the next few hours.

15 minutes ago, LeoC said:

Maoyan numbers are running faster than the numbers shown in the official app. Maoyan has to slow down. In the official app, FFH is higher than Looking Up. FFH is the only one that is lower in Maoyan than in the official app. So it might be the only one that will get an bigger increase in the next few hours.

Also, FFH will stay flat from yesterday or see a slight increase. Pretty good.

5 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Looking Up is more of an emotional drama telling the story of how a father encouraged his son to pursue his dreams. I don't think there's too much audience overlap, as the Lion King seems more appealing to children and families.

12 minutes ago, UserHN said:

How about Looking Up? I think that's competition.

Idk the market, I'm just going on what others have said. Competition in the theater is generally defined by being a similar type of movie. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'd love even "just" 150m. Granted 175 would be pretty darn nice. I know you wanted more but it would pretty darn good. (in regards to the club)

Yea I'm not worried about the club. It was always a moon shot. My model needed at least $275m from China for it to stand a shot. Right now, my realistic total is around Jurassic World. 

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Yea I'm not worried about the club. It was always a moon shot. My model needed at least $275m from China for it to stand a shot. Right now, my realistic total is around Jurassic World. 

Well I was in even without it hoping for delusional 1B DOM totals :D 

Reviews or not can't wait to see TLK in Imax. Guaranteed to be worth it. My 4 year old will go nuts. 

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

So is the only reason they allowed The Lion King to be released in July because they censored local movies?

If I remember it right, they already gave the July date to TLK even before they censored many huge local movies.

• Like 1