A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

7 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

@A Marvel Fanboy If Joker was released in China, was $75mn a good number or it would have exploded.

In Hong Kong and Taiwan, Joker did $17mn compared to $7mn of Shazam, $17.5mn of Wonder Woman and $23.5mn of Captain Marvel, that suggests, $90-110mn but Hong Kong and Japan numbers might be inflated a bit due to Mainland ban I guess. 

joker is really popular in China,I guess it will hi 120-130m in China

3 hours ago, a2k said:

maybe they didn't see this movie universally explode (and douban score is very high too). it could do $100-200 in China which gives $25-50 returns using 25%. The higher-end is close to it's prod budget and lower-end itself significant.

I think a heavily censored/toned down version wouldn't be nearly as well received (Deadpool 2 is a good example), if it ever happens in China. Plus, there is the issue of piracy. Some foreign films have had theatrical releases despite being available online already, and none have ever grossed close to $100 million to my knowledge. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

which one🤔

You said this

In Hong Kong and Taiwan, Joker did $17mn compared to $7mn of Shazam, $17.5mn of Wonder Woman and $23.5mn of Captain Marvel, that suggests, $90-110mn but Hong Kong and Japan numbers might be inflated a bit due to Mainland ban I guess. 

6 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

You said this

In Hong Kong and Taiwan, Joker did $17mn compared to $7mn of Shazam, $17.5mn of Wonder Woman and $23.5mn of Captain Marvel, that suggests, $90-110mn but Hong Kong and Japan Taiwan numbers might be inflated a bit due to Mainland ban I guess. 

Ohh, a typo.