A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 minute ago, PKMLover said:

We dont hope much, we are only hoping the increase in China will balance out the decrease in Japan. Thats all. 

No chance. F2 is likely to drop 100m in Japan. That is too much to expect China to make up for. Its Europe and Latin America which can increase to make up. Korea needs to hold fort as well. That despite excellent PS is a hard task.

yes, Japan is more important than China for this case. But I see it as a potentially worse sign because mostly audience from US and China have similar opinions on movies from WDAS, Disney's live-action department and Marvel Studios. So if WOM for a Disney title is not good in here, it could mean that US audience also have some problems with it(of course, those from Lucasfilm & Pixar are exceptions). It's too early to judge or make conclusion, but reducing expectations is reasonable at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, A Marvel Fanboy said:

Another surprising twist?

Elizabeth Banks’ Angles reportedly (per media reactions in Beijing) will have excellent WOM and will break out ......

I'm so not here for KStew return to mainstream. I support Banks, Scott and Balinska but KStew will take all the credit for this and I'm so not here for that. Maybe only she gets bad reviews and they continue with series without her? 🙏

Edited by Valonqar

6 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

yes, Japan is more important than China for this case. But I see it as a potentially worse sign because mostly audience from US and China have similar opinions on movies from WDAS, Disney's live-action department and Marvel Studios. So if WOM for a Disney title is not good in here, it could mean that US audience also have some problems with it(of course, those from Lucasfilm & Pixar are exceptions). It's too early to judge or make conclusion, but reducing expectations is reasonable at this point.

What is your expectation now? 

On 11/12/2019 at 7:38 AM, PKMLover said:
What is your expectation now? 

Ps has started. Track at Maoyan. It just has 740 show now. It will get interesting only when show count crosses 30k.
Edit: showcount up to 13350. PS is still very low(613K yuan). I think we have to give it another day or 2 before we can gauge. I hope @ZeeSoh will track this.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Sad 1