A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

46 minutes ago, ymblcza said:

3000M requires an attendance just below EG——definitely not impossible😏

Ice Age is not so famous Look at IA5. Zootopia is very famous tho

Zootopia is famous,but is not a franchise,That is the reason why I didn't add Titanic at first list,Titanic even more famous than Avatar and Transformer in China but is not a franchise

Zootopia will take 2nd place,as famous as Minions in China but can't compare to Frozen an Kungfu panda

Edited by Steven

39 minutes ago, Steven said:

Well, Marvel logo ensure 200m to spiderman, and spiderman is more ,more,more,more famous than Shang-Chi

and aquaman made 300 mill in china and venom  made 270 your point ? popularity doesnt mean much, the brand is , thats not to say that shang shi is locked for  300 mill

• Disbelief 1

How about Top Gun 2? Aren't the Chinese crazy over the first Top Gun movie? And if the new movie's storyline doesn't go out of its way to antagonize China, I could see huge numbers for it at the Chinese box office.

Edited by Shaolian

19 hours ago, ymblcza said:

Guys, should the title be changed to 2020 the worst year for Hollywood?

18 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I won’t tell you 2020 would be the worst year for local studios though local movie still could get 50%+ market share

2020, local movies are weak, but imports are weaker. local share will set new records.

6 hours ago, Shaolian said:

How about Top Gun 2? Aren't the Chinese crazy over the first Top Gun movie? And if the new movie's storyline doesn't go out of its way to antagonize China, I could see huge numbers for it at the Chinese box office.

Top Gun first movie is not even release in China,but Tom Cruise is popular

14 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I don't think it's safe to say that Furious 9 will be the top hollywood movie this year right now. But probably no import movie could reach ¥3,000M until Shang-Chi or Avatar 2

Is Shang Chi that big? If so, Billie will be rather easy if China will be giving $450mn.

8 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

what if I say Shang Chi will be the first HLW title open on the first day of CNY.

it is opening on CNY in the US, interesting

Last CNY was close to flat from 2018. If this CNY doesn't increase with the extra screens they could play Shang Chi next year as there will be room.

They should start PS for CNY soon.  20 days out

Last years CNY/OD was 1.45b/$215m

On 2/4/2019 at 5:16 PM, Stewart said:

Final Presales:

Crazy Alien - 197.6M - (98,856 shows)

Pegasus - 143.1M - (101,979 shows)

The New King of Comedy - 138.1M - (93,278 shows)

The Wandering Earth - 82.4M - (53,828 shows)

Boonie Bears - 42.8M - (19,986 shows)

Peppa Pig - 38.4M - (28,929 shows)

Integrity - 35.9M - (40,308 shows)

The Knight of Shadows - 35.7M - (37,618 shows)

Totals: 718.7M Presales and ~475,000 showings. Best ever presales and showings for a single day, beating last years. The additional 120k showings is rather mindboggling.

Should handily beat last year, solid chance at ¥1.5B single day, easily beating the 1.277B last year. Also last year increased from 355k showings in presales to 392k showings in actuals. Possible that total showings at end of day will be over 500k. - Was over 520k shows