Jump to content
A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office: General Discussion Thread (2019 the worst year for HLW)

Recommended Posts

CNY OD PS

DC3 71m PS.  60% of PS with 29% shows.

The rest have 47m PS with # 2 and 3 at 12m PS each.  Win/leap with 7m.

The delay was useless. Commies just dont understand free markets. DC3 will crush OD, WoM will takeover on day 2.

 

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

CNY OD PS

DC3 71m PS.  60% of PS with 29% shows.

The rest have 47m PS with # 2 and 3 at 12m PS each.  Win/leap with 7m.

The delay was useless. Commies just dont understand free markets. DC3 will crush OD, WoM will takeover on day 2.

 

When will F2 finish its run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

e89f288b242203677db20d9c9bee6560479f2ff5

 

where's endgame? It shows on the bottom row but not on the graph itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stewart said:

where's endgame? It shows on the bottom row but not on the graph itself

I delete it because meaningless.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I delete it because meaningless.

i loved endgame run in china

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

e89f288b242203677db20d9c9bee6560479f2ff5

 

so it seems that the delayed opening of the advance sales is pretty much useless, I think DC3 will catch up and overtake DC2’s presales before OD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stewart said:

where's endgame? It shows on the bottom row but not on the graph itself

EG shattered presales to the point that, no movie is comparable. It had 300M+ presales for OD alone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I delete it because meaningless.

Least meaningful line to see, but most enjoyable 😛 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think DC3 can overtake F8 and IW final PS. Sat opening means official OW will be greatly reduced, but curious how high the 3-day (SSM) will go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PKMLover said:

When will F2 finish its run?

Extension ends on tues. Last minute movie goers have been showing up. Weekdays increased daily this week and Sat was 3m up 50% WoW.  It will reach 863m/$123m

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Extension ends on tues. Last minute movie goers have been showing up. Weekdays increased daily this week and Sat was 3m up 50% WoW.  It will reach 863m/$123m

So F2 is looking at 2.3x legs, not bad

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 of the CNY releases moving up by 1 day.

Probably very confident of their quality, but then by releasing 1 day earlier, they may potentially lose showtimes to the “Newer” releases on CNY day itself.

 

Not sure whether this is the right move for them.

Edited by TigerPaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

3 of the CNY releases moving up by 1 day.

Probably very confident of their quality, but then by releasing 1 day earlier, they may potentially lose showtimes to the “Newer” releases on CNY day itself.

 

Not sure whether this is the right move for them.

The day before is the worst BO day of the year. I thought it was more of a family/home celebration day/eve. Like xmas eve is a slower day in domestic.

Bad move like you said. Plenty of money to be made over 12 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

 

@POTUS 2020  based on the hype on Maoyan, do you think Avatar 2 can OW $350M, 3.5x legs, $1 billion??

After seeing what EG did, I think $350m+ OW is possible with more screens. $1B would be tough unless there are a lot of repeat viewings with a 9.8 rating. Most likely, if well received, it falls between EG $628m and WW2 $854m . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

After seeing what EG did, I think $350m+ OW is possible with more screens. $1B would be tough unless there are a lot of repeat viewings with a 9.8 rating. Most likely, if well received, it falls between EG $628m and WW2 $854m . 

What is the best legs in China so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.