A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Liu Yifei’s birthday today, will Disney be smart enough to finally announce a theatrical release date in China?

At this stage going head to head with tenet is better than anything else IMO. If 11 Sep (or beyond), piracy will be rampant. And it’s also too late to set for 28 August. 4th Sep makes sense... let’s see.

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

More like pre-sale loaded night. 

Holy shit ¥53mn PS for tomorrow. But even with 40% occupancy, won't be more than ¥160mn.

Because of tomorrow. Call it what you want

From early look at capacity, I will shoot

Love You Forever - ¥235mn

800 - ¥145mn

Wild Grass - ¥45mn

Little Women - ¥18mn

Potter - ¥3mn

Onward - ¥2.5mn

Overall - ¥450mn

If any film overperform this, that will be great.

12mn admits on 270k shows Approx (45 per show). The biggest day had 32.28mn admits on 530k shows (61 per show).

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

only ¥5M increase in recent one hour. Theaters largely cut 800's screenings in evening for the rom title even though the war pic is doing better in terms of admissions per showtime. HY Brother really pissed theaters off. 

it has 153 million so far right ?

I think 800 Wednesday will be better than Monday. Pre-sales will be ¥23-25mn, that will give ¥175mn Approx in usual part.

I get 175mn Wednesday but  the a weird part is I don't get why will a pre box office holiday Monday with more shows be less than a post holiday Wednesday.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

With this kind of trend, I don’t even know if TENET can win the next weekend or even a day. All we can expect is god level WOM. 

TENET is next to next weekend no?

I am so pissed with CBO App being this shitty. Wish it get sorted soon. 

Why was Monday weak?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

That's what I mean, the third weekend of 800. And I'm not sure if TENET could be No.1

oh ok , well lets hope that tenet will have a good/great ow, but yeah 800 is a monster and also is it really as good as they say ?

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

oh ok , well lets hope that tenet will have a good/great ow, but yeah 800 is a monster and also is it really as good as they say ?

audience scores on any movie site/platform are just fine, but legs is quite good like a 9.6/10 Maoyan film. So I don't know the real level general audience think. 

The problem is not that 800 is too strong, it's TENET is really weak according to current buzz...even the reviews and reactions have come in recent days, still very low attentions. If the trend keeps up, more like Dunkirk level OD with ¥40-50M.