A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Rise to 45% the opening rate, but I would say the reopening still vulnerable because the Covid-guidance still have medium risk region to have their cinema closed. So a little shift in curve can force the cinema to go on close again theoretically.

And the major Hollywood hub Beijing metro area still pretty much all closed and I doubt the case the coming down fast enough.  

Now i looking for 400m OD,1500m OW and 3500m Overall at min(if the WOM is not good and cinema still have over 35% restrict)

550m OD,2000m OW and 5500m at max(Great WOM like first one and totally back of cinema )

so my perdiction now is around 💲500-780m in China

Edited by Bruce
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I dunno, this is ramping the fuck up hella fast. Already crossed 1.1M.

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

The data grown super fast because of loose of 0 covid policy,Endgame is still in range

On 4/10/2019 at 11:00 AM, XXR 4 Modsident said:

1.241m @ 11am CST - April 10

13 straight days over IW highest day.

We saw a bit of acceleration today. The jump was over 80k, which is the highest in the past week. 

Infinity War Total: 1.15m

Ipartment Total (record): 1.54m

Back in the day, I tracked Endgame's WTS daily. It went up about 85K with 13 days left before opening. I can't tell based on the info above exactly what the Avatar 2 jump was since there was about 36 hours between timestamps but Endgame is still running about 15% ahead. Lets continue to watch and see. I'll up my estimate to 1.65M final.

56 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Back in the day, I tracked Endgame's WTS daily. It went up about 85K with 13 days left before opening. I can't tell based on the info above exactly what the Avatar 2 jump was since there was about 36 hours between timestamps but Endgame is still running about 15% ahead. Lets continue to watch and see. I'll up my estimate to 1.65M final.

Ehhh. Endgame had +71k the following day from your numbers, this just went up another 8k in a bit over an hour and it's like 11PM in China. Seems like it is accelerating big time as theaters reopen. I think it can catch up.

Edited by JustLurking

4 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Great to see that way more Chinese fans will be able to see this film than it seemed a couple of weeks ago!

Actually the number of cinema allowed for operation currently at 5841, is still way below compared to a month ago (~7600), and even way below compared to when JWD opened (>10,000)。 The major pro-Hollywood product population hub like Beijing and Shandong province, their cinema still in lockdown state. Beijing only have 10% of the cinema opened right now.