A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

at 20:00 pm the movie is at  167 , yesterday at the same time the movie was at 266 then it added another 40m or so, if the same thing happens today then around 207 sunday

Sunday night, so won't be as strong as Saturday but 180-190M should happen.

• Like 1

Wow, pace really picked up here. Not sure if it was bugged before or maybe getting a little ahead of themself now and will need to correct, but taken at face value will probably go over 190.   

Monday looks dicey but mostly up to walkins at this point.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 1:11 AM, TigerPaw said:

Didn't try to woo? Haha.

Not sure about that; they have always taken Chinese market as a big deal.

1) They thought casting John Cena and making him do numerous promotional videos in Mandarin would help. 

2) Also for this release, they cooked up some news about the cast facing some death threat and hence the Chinese press conference was cancelled; this cooked-up news was trending on weibo and definitely increase the awareness of the movie release.

You can ask @Gavin Fengwhether the 2 points I brought up happened. Haha.

the 2nd one sound more like a standard marketing gimmick than a pandering. The point is, given how popular the franchise is in China. they didn't cast any Mainland star or change their film location to China like how TF4 or godzilla vs kong did. I haven't even see a scene in F&F where they primarily use Chinese as dialogue.   

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

the 2nd one sound more like a standard marketing gimmick than a pandering. The point is, given how popular the franchise is in China. they didn't cast any Mainland star or change their film location to China like how TF4 or godzilla vs kong did. I haven't even see a scene in F&F where they primarily use Chinese as dialogue.   

Vin said in Chinese living tour that he will do something like that in F10 though I doubt a 10th movie is happening.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Vin said in Chinese living tour that he will do something like that in F10 though I doubt a 10th movie is happening.

Did`ent they allready film it?

Im 100% sure it will happen