A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

29 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Most things are fine. We should stop talking about politics. 

I am not mean to talking about politics at first,I am just trying to say that Spider-man may not be shown in China,it's still under discuss for now,it's not smoothly, because many Chinese people hate Marvel's Inappropriate behavior,and the hype is really big,if you come to Chinese web,like"百度贴吧" "哔哩哔哩",and talk anything about Shang-Chi or Enternal ,too many people will abuse you ,and they'll always say"Marvel is the trush" or some words which abuse Marvel ,our government also really sensitive about this,so we have to prepare that Spider-man maybe not be shown in China.

Edited by Bruce

54 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

You clearly do not understand some things about other countrties and nations. America never fought with an enemy on its own soil, never fought for simple existence of the country and its people. Never fought just for survival. Never fought with an enemy who was ready to klll millions of civlilians, Never fought with an enemy who believed that your people are of inferior race or nation. 

China did, Russia did too so some things are sort of sacred for them or at least for a major part of population. The biggest battle of American Civil War had just 8k killed. Japanese in China or Germans in Russia in many occasions killed thousands or even tens of thousands harmless civilians in a single day. Carelessly offend those sentiments or dont care a shit about them "because its just a movie" is stupid and arrogant. 

Two bombs at Hiroshima &Nagasaki are excellent example to answer this question "How peaceful were American (soldiers) were to unarmed civilian". Also at the same time answering "How many they killed in sec rather in days?"

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

Well, Shang-Chi's problem  is mainly about the comic books,not the movie

But Eternal's problem is really big,please understand why so many Chinese people are so furious about this scene,we fought against Japan in World war II and sacrifice over 35 million people to win the war,but External just take our sacrifice as a joke and even sympathize with the Japanese,that's why we are angry.

Anyway I'm not a radical patriot,like I said,I 'm still a Marvel fan, I just want Marvel to think more about our fellings in the future,,,U•ェ•*U

The one to bomb Japan wasn't CHINA it was AMERICA. If any American citizen wants to feel sorry for people who died in bombing of Hiroshima or Nagasaki, it their right to feel that. You are saying - as if the movie went out of its way to portrays or blames China for bombing nor the movie commends Japanese for their War-Crimes. You are simply mourning the dead, nothing more. China made a mountain out of mole-hill and banned it. 

The Battle at lake Changjin - You show America losing a war and yet, they lets you screen it in USA. They didn't outright ban it. It was Citizen's choice to watch it or not, criticize or not. At the end of day, it was just a movie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

https://deadline.com/2021/11/disney-hong-kong-simpsons-missing-1234881312/

Just typical example. An episode of The Simpsons during which the family visits Tiananmen Square is missing from Disney+’s Hong Kong platform. Episode 12 of season 16 was found today to be absent from the streamer’s catalogue in the nation, having launched in Hong Kong earlier this month.

The episode features the family going to China to try to adopt a baby. At one point, they visit Tiananmen Square, which was the site of a deadly crackdown in 1989 against democracy protestors. A satirical sign in the cartoon square reads “On this site, in 1989, nothing happened.”

No, this is not a satirical sign, This is blatant insult of chinese government and chinese people (once again at least of the major part of population). Of course they knew about this. Of course they didn care what Chinese think. Arrogant and stupid. And of course events on Tiananmen Square are much more complicated than western propaganda is trying to tell. 

You say it like it's a bad thing.

9 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Japan didn’t even have as much issue with the Hiroshima Eternals scene as Bruce is saying Chinese zealots do, and the US actually dropped the bomb on them. Being more offended by something that happened to another country than that country is themselves

China I imagine has issue with Hiroshima being shown tragic, they I suppose are pro-Hiroshima.

9 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Japan didn’t even have as much issue with the Hiroshima Eternals scene as Bruce is saying Chinese zealots do, and the US actually dropped the bomb on them. Being more offended by something that happened to another country than that country is themselves AND trying to make it about yourself (China) when it has nothing to do with you, is the stupid and arrogant thing. Not calling it out.

That a bit unfair, why would Japanese by offended by an hero that cry over Hiroshima destruction.

To make a bit of a bad parallels imagine a deity like figure helping humanity making planes, and crashing down crying in a movie after realizing the Royal Air Force used is invention to fire bomb  a Nazi Germany cities and presenting that action has dramatic and having some Jews not at ease with that artistic decision and thinking really that the WW2 part those deities would have their breaking point ?

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Way I see it a lot of the reaction in China around Shang-Chi and Eternals is absurd, like the movies or don't, of course everyone is free to their opinion, but seems like people are looking for reasons to be offended. 

Perhaps a crackdown on foreign films with rabid fandoms?  😂

is matrix on 12/17 or what? seems like they put this other local film Death Notice on 12/10 and that is what IMAX is showing. Also this atom bomb thing is kind of crazy - I think it is ok / a universal human emotion to depict sadness for thousands of non-combatant lives, many women and children, being vaporized and that's all that eternals scene was doing IMO. That doesn't take away from the fact that the Japanese committed war crimes in China and Chinese people have a right to never forget that. It is two separate things. An intellectual, of any political or national persuasion should be able to see that. Fwiw, the concept was that Phastos was lamenting giving humans powers to be so vile to each other. The worst thing humans have in terms of destructive power is nuclear weapons. The only time nuclear weapons have ever been used in the history of the world is in the depicted instance in the film so that scene makes a lot of sense.  

Edited by moviestonks

18 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

As a southeast Asia citizen, yes, Mainland Chinese is easily offended by anything to the point that even Winnie the pooh is considered offensive. We call them glass nation and they certainly earned the title. 

Actually Winnie the pooh never be banned in China,and so many people in China love this cartoon,he is just as popular as Mickey Mouse or Tom and Jerry,it's one of our childhood,I don't know why you said this.

We even love Japanese cartoon so much,let alone America, Naruto and Dargon Ball are really popular and definitely well-known in China,

we are not glass country and easily offended

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bruce said:

Actually Winnie the pooh never be banned in China,and so many people in China love this cartoon,he is just as popular as Mickey Mouse or Tom and Jerry,it's one of our childhood,I don't know why you said this.

We even love Japanese cartoon so much,let alone America, Naruto and Dargon Ball are really popular and definitely well-known in China,

we are not glass country and easily offended

Don't you know your government like to ban something without actually banning it?? Technical reason blah blah blah.... 

• Like 1

So, apparently, Spidey Updates claims to have found this foreign poster for Spider-Man: No Way Home for China from a Sony marketing editor’s desk: https://twitter.com/vr_mcu/status/1465979600417263618?s=21.

And this poster claims Spider-Man: No Way Home will come out in China on January 7th.

Can anyone confirm or deny the validity of this poster and can anyone confirm or deny that this is when No Way Home will come out in China in January?

On 12/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, xieh tie said:

The film was originally intended for Donnie Yen

I think Donnie Yen has passed the phase of mid-budget productions in HK, I think the initial announcement was maybe more than 10 years ago and his status has evolved so much since.

He is making more impactful / high budget films like Raging Fire or international films John Wick 4 and Sleeping Dogs.

But yeah I am still excited for a gritty HK film such as Kowloon Walled City.

• Like 1