A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Just now, john2000 said:

I dont have any idea how you got that idea from but whatever....We dont know when and if spidey gets release in this market.But your reasoning doesnt make sense at all.

Let's pack our bags &forget if there was a market named China for NWH. Need to depend on other big Asian markets like Korea,  Hong Kong, Taiwan, SEA &ofc Japan...

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Let's pack our bags &forget if there was a market named China for NWH. Need to depend on other big Asian markets like Korea,  Hong Kong, Taiwan, SEA &ofc Japan...

You do that.Personally i am neither expect or write off china just yet.Till we have more info

Edited by john2000

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I dont have any idea how you got that idea from but whatever....We dont know when and if spidey gets release in this market.But your reasoning doesnt make sense at all.

"I am what I am"

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

You do that.

This thing is really just annoying. Even after trials of time, things keep getting convinced that it is approved, just does not have a date. &people keep asking....Just ignore, if there is a date yet to announce, we will certainly know. But, at present, let's forgot about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

less than 1%....Okay, let's stop here. Let's think about Matrix.... @Gavin Feng, any idea how it gonna perform?

rumor says Sony is revising the local version of NWH due to Shang-Chi's appearance in Marvel Studios' logo. I don't know if it's true until I see it in Macau next weekend. But I do laugh very hard on this story. 

In fact, most Hollywood movies recently are very slow in terms of securing a release plan due to unclear reasons. For example, Escape Room 2 is still expected to open in China. But it's so tiny that nobody care about if it has problems here. 

For what I know, NWH will get a release plan here. But I'll expect nothing when it comes to box office aspect. Even if it could've landed a date of Dec.17, I expect "little"(~$207M lifetime by F9) especially "weak" legs(like most HLW blockbusters). Now it's sure NWH miss the best chance, and there will be no big difference in terms of box office no matter what date(Jan, post-CNY, or never) it could get.

• Like 3

I don't expect any franchise that has the potential to do very well in China to get a release date anytime soon. I think none of the big CBMs next year from either DC or Marvel will get approved. Same with Avatar 2. If they do get released it will be at least 1 month late.  

Edited by Lion Roar

Chinese All-Time Blockbuster "The Battle At Lake Changin" has made a total of ¥5747.3M ($906.1M) until Thursday.

Hollywood Release (Until Thursday)
NTTD ¥408.95M ($64.47M)

DUNE ¥252.67M ($39.83M)

Jungle Cruise ¥44.31M ($6.98M)

Edited by Issac Newton

26 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

rumor says Sony is revising the local version of NWH due to Shang-Chi's appearance in Marvel Studios' logo. I don't know if it's true until I see it in Macau next weekend. But I do laugh very hard on this story. 

In fact, most Hollywood movies recently are very slow in terms of securing a release plan due to unclear reasons. For example, Escape Room 2 is still expected to open in China. But it's so tiny that nobody care about if it has problems here. 

For what I know, NWH will get a release plan here. But I'll expect nothing when it comes to box office aspect. Even if it could've landed a date of Dec.17, I expect "little"(~$207M lifetime by F9) especially "weak" legs(like most HLW blockbusters). Now it's sure NWH miss the best chance, and there will be no big difference in terms of box office no matter what date(Jan, post-CNY, or never) it could get.

What about Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

I don't expect any franchise that has the potential to do very well in China to get a release date anytime soon. I think none of the big CBMs next year from either DC or Marvel will get approved. Same with Avatar 2. If they do get released it will be at least 1 month late.  

Same. I think a lot of people are missing the point of what they’re doing. 

31 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

F9 did not have any local films at it's release date. That's a different story. You can not compare a film on cars with a film with superheroes. 

I mean you can easily, the fast franchise is HUGE in china for hollywood standards at least, only endgame made more, all the other superhero movies except the avengers movies are nowhere close to what the last 3 fast movies have done.Fast 9 opened to 135 million in china more than all but two  superhero movies and if it wasnt for the fact that the reception sucked ass its gross will be way bigger.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By the way i was forced by a friend to watch fast 9, fast 9 was the first movie i have ever seen in this franchise ( i am talking about the main saga) and let me tell you.....oh boy i wanted to pull my eyes out , it was just terrible......one of the worst movies i have ever seen...

• Like 1