A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

14 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Sorry to ruin the party but this makes it even more frustrating about censorship. They could have 2 local blockbuster and 1 good box office performance. I am hoping for 4b.

I agree. This summer had weakest Local mix. I hope all the movies in August breakout huge to somewhat make up for weak July.

• Like 1

Gavin, it was totally unecessary to quit. Potus was just being Potus. He likes to prove his prediction right.

Everyone makes terrible predictions. Making a right prediction is like lighting strikes a bottle. I too used to be kinda sensitive about my predictions pointed wrong. But as I grew older, I found it all meaningless. Now if someone tells me my prediction is wrong, I give no sh*t.

Predicting box office is not even gambling. It's just a message board. One has no obligation to make sure the call is accurate. He/she can abosultely make whatever predictions he/she wants. It is all right.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Premium George said:

Sorry to ruin the party but this makes it even more frustrating about censorship. They could have 2 local blockbuster and 1 good box office performance. I am hoping for 4b.

Summer could indeed have been breaking records if the original big three were not pulled out.

7 hours ago, firedeep said:

Gavin, it was totally unecessary to quit. Potus was just being Potus. He likes to prove his prediction right.

Everyone makes terrible predictions. Making a right prediction is like lighting strikes a bottle. I too used to be kinda sensitive about my predictions pointed wrong. But as I grew older, I found it all meaningless. Now if someone tells me my prediction is wrong, I give no sh*t.

Predicting box office is not even gambling. It's just a message board. One has no obligation to make sure the call is accurate. He/she can abosultely make whatever predictions he/she wants. It is all right.

and i was right...

again...

this time:popcorn:

NZ lost 17% of its shows but will drop less than 10% to the mid 170s.  $108m Midweek

PS looking to bump 20% for tomorrow as it loses another 10% of shows. 

the weekend could be F200m S300m S280m, 

780m/$113m  2240m/$325m total

add in 500m for next midweek and we have 2740m/$397m. 

Damn it fell short of $400m.  Perhaps it can crawl over with rest of the run

The Bravest 115mOD.  9.6 rating, shall be interesting to see how they run together

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 5

And the trade war with China escalated again today with 300 Billion more in tariffs being levied against China.

Hollywood execs are very worried that eventually CHina will include US films in their retaliation by cutting the number of US Films allowed to be distributed in China.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The next film that will get my attention in China thread is 3.5 months away. Perfect time for trade war. Be done with it.

trade war won't be done till at least nov 2020, even then no guarantee. He'll add another 15% to the 10% on the 300B and then start increasing other goods. He wants interest rates at 0% despite full employment and 2.5% year over year GDP growth.

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

trade war won't be done till at least nov 2020, even then no guarantee. He'll add another 15% to the 10% on the 300B and then start increasing other goods. He wants interest rates at 0% despite full employment and 2.5% year over year GDP growth.

yes it will take a few years. The most important world power reshaping of 21st centruy in coming.

Edited by firedeep