Turtles - 6.2M/382M
NYSM2 - 2.75M/635M 
IDR - 1.5M/501M 

Tuesday presales

Tarzan 2.55M

Skiptrace 1.97M(previews)

Looks like a 30-40 mill $ total for Tarzan with that number 

Red fish will do 2x > blue fish soon!

Jackie Chan was highly criticized by C-nets for not posting to support China on SEA matter. Plus, his movie always has poor plot. Looks like Skiptrace will turn out to be another disappointed box office. It's Renny Harlin's first Chinese project. I heard his second project, the movie version of "The Legend of Ancient Sword", is in production now. Hopefully, he will have 3rd, 4th,..., project in China since his 1st one is likely to be disappointed. 

I'm worrying about next year JTTW 2's box office since Kris is one of the main lead. His scandal, his acting's criticism,..., still remain strong. Sweet 16 and L.Ó.R.D may be another victim by his haters. So Young 2 was underperformed. It's just a beginning. 

Zhao Wei's "No Other Love" just removed its male lead, Taiwanese actor Leon Dai, due to political issue. It's been more and more harder for Taiwanese celebrities to do career in Mainland. This movie was also criticized by C-nets for casting Japanese actress who was labelled as anti-China. Poor Zhao Wei! she should be more careful in selecting actor. 

9 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

Jackie Chan was highly criticized by C-nets for not posting to support China on SEA matter. Plus, his movie always has poor plot. Looks like Skiptrace will turn out to be another disappointed box office. It's Renny Harlin's first Chinese project. I heard his second project, the movie version of "The Legend of Ancient Sword", is in production now. Hopefully, he will have 3rd, 4th,..., project in China since his 1st one is likely to be disappointed. 

I'm worrying about next year JTTW 2's box office since Kris is one of the main lead. His scandal, his acting's criticism,..., still remain strong. Sweet 16 and L.Ó.R.D may be another victim by his haters. So Young 2 was underperformed. It's just a beginning. 

Zhao Wei's "No Other Love" just removed its male lead, Taiwanese actor Leon Dai, due to political issue. It's been more and more harder for Taiwanese celebrities to do career in Mainland. This movie was also criticized by C-nets for casting Japanese actress who was labelled as anti-China. Poor Zhao Wei! she should be more careful in selecting actor. 

So much politics involved in film-making over there, shame.

54 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So Tarzan is looking at 30m OD. Looking at maoyan there appears to be a big local release this friday. So Tarzan's run will end quick.

Yep, 30-35M OD likely, Jackie Chan's new movie opens on Friday.

4 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

But it's a piece of crap.

From Vegas to Macau 3 is the worse film ever 1/10. Can't believe Chow Yun Fat and Andy Lau decided to cast in this poor movie. But it earns 1B+ at box office. It's a sequel and released on CNY thought. 

I think as much as it can entertain audience, it's fine. And it's not a surprise. JC's movie has never had good plot. 

Some Chinese comments said they won't watch any HLW anymore. HLW is American, Lol. 

On 7/18/2016 at 11:35 AM, Lihongkim said:

Jackie Chan is always criticized by Chinese netizens. That has never affected his box office performance. If Skiptrace underperforms it's going to be because it's not entertaining.

You are worrying too much about Kris. Weibo is a cesspool of negativity and they will latch on to something else soon enough. For example, this week's target was Zhao Wei. She hasn't done anything but she's hated now because C-Nets are always up for a witch hunt. Fan Bingbing, Angelababy, Yang Mi, everyone has had their fair share of getting hated on. That doesn't mean all their movies are going to flop. There are still a lot of factors in what goes to making a movie a hit. Never Gone "underperformed" because the movie was neither good nor entertaining. The movie made a lot of money just because of his popularity (we know Liu Yifei can't sell movies). He is still the most bankable young actor now and JTTW 2 will do great because it's a Tsui Hark film produced by Stephen Chow.

I feel so bad for Zhao Wei. Chinese netizens are really something else. Their hate comments know no bounds and they try to hide behind patriotism but their logic is flawed. I can't really 100% blame the citizens though because they are that way because of the influence of their delusional government.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Polaroids said:

Jackie Chan is always criticized by Chinese netizens. That has never affected his box office performance. If Skiptrace underperforms it's going to be because it's not entertaining.

You are worrying too much about Kris. Weibo is a cesspool of negativity and they will latch on to something else soon enough. For example, this week's target was Zhao Wei. She hasn't done anything but she's hated now because C-Nets are always up for a witch hunt. Fan Bingbing, Angelababy, Yang Mi, everyone has had their fair share of getting hated on. That doesn't mean all their movies are going to flop. There are still a lot of factors in what goes to making a movie a hit. Never Gone "underperformed" because the movie was neither good nor entertaining. The movie made a lot of money just because of his popularity (we know Liu Yifei can't sell movies). He is still the most bankable young actor now and JTTW 2 will do great because it's a Tsui Hark film produced by Stephen Chow.

I feel so bad for Zhao Wei. Chinese netizens are really something else. Their hate comments know no bounds and they try to hide behind patriotism but their logic is flawed. I can't really 100% blame the citizens though because they are that way because of the influence of their delusional government.

It's JTTW2 not Kris. Since i'm not into K-pop idol, He's nothing to me. I'm just afraid he will drag the movie down.