A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

20 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

Maybe the cast, plot and action scenes. Ask for CGI, I don't think it's better. 

I thought it looked cool. I mean it isn't perfect, but I think that's the style they are going for...

MK2 was okay. It had some nice moments, but still think they best is the the Stephen Chow one.

6 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I thought it looked cool. I mean it isn't perfect, but I think that's the style they are going for...

MK2 was okay. It had some nice moments, but still think they best is the the Stephen Chow one.

I saw the trailer. It recalls the time, nearly 10 years ago, that I was so addicted to the drama version. I remember FBB also play the nine-tails fox. Now, she re-presents her role again. I grew up watching her dramas but end up looking older than her. She is ageless. 

This is Li Lianjie coming back after he didn't appear on big screen for years, his latest movie should be The Dragon Inn sequel (2011). LoG is probably his last movie though. 

162644.75353485_1000X1000.jpg

Edited by Lihongkim

9 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

I saw the trailer. It recalls the time, nearly 10 years ago, that I was so addicted to the drama version. I remember FBB also play the nine-tails fox. Now, she re-presents her role again. I grew up watching her dramas but end up looking older than her. She is ageless. 

This is Li Lianjie coming back after he didn't appear on big screen for years, his latest movie should be The Dragon Inn sequel (2011). LoG is probably his last movie though. 

162644.75353485_1000X1000.jpg

He was in Badges of Fury... And Cameo in Expendables 3, so he has been on the big screen quite frequently, on par with Tony Leung or even more in recent years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

He was in Badges of Fury... And Cameo in Expendables 3, so he has been on the big screen quite frequently, on par with Tony Leung or even more in recent years.

I haven't watched this movie. Is he the main lead? 

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM, fmpro said:

10% drop for Tarzan today

Tarzan will get to $40m.  This weeks new releases aren't going to much more than 50m tomorrow combined. TZ should make 20m on the weekend and another 20m next week

Next weekend has 2 new releases with some early PS

July will be down about 1B  4.5b -18%. Last year was big with 3 big movies coexisting and was going to be tough to beat.  However its up just 25% from 2 years ago for a 12% annual average.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

I haven't watched this movie. Is he the main lead? 

Nope, 2nd main lead, but promotion is all about him. Wen Zhang is the main lead. Lousy movie. Did okay at the box office but was crap to be honest.

5 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Tarzan will get to $40m.  This weeks new releases aren't going to much more than 50m tomorrow combined. TZ should make 20m on the weekend and another 20m next week

July will be down about 1B  4.5b -18%. Last year was big with 3 big movies coexisting and was going to be tough to beat.  However its up just 25% from 2 years ago for a 12% annual average.

Yeah. Around 12,5 for Tarzan today. 40 mill sounds like the number

• Like 1

Friday est

League of Gods :79.3M including 3.3M midnights

Skiptrace 35.5m/629m

Tarzan 8.6m/248m
Doraemon 4.55m/85.1m

Big Fish 1.75m/553m
CW2 1.7m/664m

League of Gods midnights only 2.6M

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Which ones? The movies on Friday are just gonna be fan-driven.

Fan-driven or not, it will lose most screens by Friday.

20% showtimes this weekend

under 5% next weekend.