China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

49 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Wednesday est after service fees
Coco  -  24.0m/184m +11%
Justice League  -  9.95m / 587.8m -6%
Manhunt  -  5.7m/93m -14%
Thor: Ragnarok  -  1.14m / 740m +1%
Orient Express  -  0.84m / 224.4m -8%
- Coco had another good increase with more showtimes added , and a similar increase on Thursday is also can be expected.

#3 hollywood animation behind DM3 and Sing

Friday showtimes- 26 hours to go

Fireworks(26.6%), presales 5.56M mostly boost by cheap tickets, multiplier gonna be very low, around 20-25M OD likely

Coco (18.4%), will be get over 20% showtimes easily, and locked to be #1 on Friday. 50-60% increase on Friday?

75%

great increase for Coco, it will have a healthy increase this weekend. I hope it get's over $100 in China, everything more than that is just amazing. I hope Coco makes Pixar films more profitable in China as they always do very bad numbers (but after seeing what Moana did after Zootopia sucess, nothing is sure in China)

Coco is at almost 28M in China ($27,89M) as of Wednesday. Very good run. I wish it made $150M (well, dreaming, I would love it to outgross Zootopia, but that's a very tough aim). Coco truly deserves it!

7 minutes ago, seduh said:

great increase for Coco, it will have a healthy increase this weekend. I hope it get's over $100 in China, everything more than that is just amazing. I hope Coco makes Pixar films more profitable in China as they always do very bad numbers (but after seeing what Moana did after Zootopia sucess, nothing is sure in China)

Everything more than $1 is a success for Coco, since it wasn't clear it would have a Chinese release. So, hurray for Coco-Disney-Pixar!!

14 minutes ago, seduh said:

Yeah, I was certain that Moana would do better than it did even though no one expected Zootopia numbers。

China won't necessarily remember the name "Pixar", so when another "Inside Out" comes out, Pixar might go back to poor numbers, so I'm enjoying this moment while I can :rolleyes:. I almost admire this about the current Chinese market, it's all about what audiences like and WOM, brand name don't necessarily mean that much. 

17 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Oh, Disney you fail! She is the most famous BO poison in China and sucks in acting.

2nd worst choice. The worst will be Jing Tian - can't act and use her backing to get roles.

Liu Yi Fei is bad, but it could have been worse. Lol

12 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

That was thanks to the huge success of the TV version and the fans of the male lead.

I just remembered watching her in Love of the Condor Heroes. She seems fine. And she's so beautiful. My choice for the leading man for Mulan is one of Yang Yang, Jing Boran, or Li Yifeng. Who do you think is a good choice for the male lead?

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I just remembered watching her in Love of the Condor Heroes. She seems fine. And she's so beautiful. My choice for the leading man for Mulan is one of Yang Yang, Jing Boran, or Li Yifeng. Who do you think is a good choice for the male lead?

Those three English sucks, maybe Kris Wu

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Wu Yifan.