A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

47 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Coco is at almost 28M in China ($27,89M) as of Wednesday. Very good run. I wish it made $150M (well, dreaming, I would love it to outgross Zootopia, but that's a very tough aim). Coco truly deserves it!

Everything more than $1 is a success for Coco, since it wasn't clear it would have a Chinese release. So, hurray for Coco-Disney-Pixar!!

Yeah, what a difference it would have made, I'm just really happy for Coco in general.

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

But Once Upon A Time got $82 million. Isn't that considered a success?

You could find american people calling Julia Roberts a box office poison on this message board, not so sure it is wise to take the words on people on the Internet over a corporation like Disney that bought serious world marketing expert study, they would have not hired a box office poison, specially if she cannot act, that make little sense.

Not to be taken for a personnal offense by the poster or to make it sound like I would know anything about China cinema industry, but just a general rules that box office poison is thrown around the Internet for pretty much everyone that ever acted by a least a couple of people.

Disney saw thousands of candidate in a very extensive and very long process, chance that the candidate at the end of those does not work are slim, just look at Tom Holland, Gadot, pretty much all MCU/Star Wars casting, etc...

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

Sorry to all Kris Wu/Wu Yifan fans here but I think he's not that goodlooking and he can't act. Basing on looks, if Kris Wu is the other choice, then I'll just go for Lu Han.

Not a fan of either one, but Luhan is just like a tomboy...

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Forgot about that. What about #1 Hollywood film then? 

JW2 or TA3 most likely

What's not in JW2's favor is the World Cup, it will compete with Incredibles 2 ect and two weeks later Ant-man 2

Edited by Olive Skywalker
  • Like 1