China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Holy crap! He even used direct quotes from users here :P

You're famous guys!!!

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

This is amazing, I should have made a comment on the story too!!!

2 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Hi guys, Rob Cain here, author of the Forbes article. I'm an old friend of Firedeep, and used to read this forum every day. I love all the contributions you guys make, but since Firedeep's been less of a presence here I check in only occasionally. Thanks for all your passion and your intelligent insights!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 7
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Robert Cain said:

Hi guys, Rob Cain here, author of the Forbes article. I'm an old friend of Firedeep, and used to read this forum every day. I love all the contributions you guys make, but since Firedeep's been less of a presence here I check in only occasionally. Thanks for all your passion and your intelligent insights!

can you quote me in your next article I need the fame.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lor San Tele said:

"Meanwhile, elsewhere on the forum, that one guy kept ranting about VALERIAN Blu-rays but no one paid attention.

That's the thing about that one guy... he's just that one guy. Every forum has one."

but tele have you purchased your Valerian blu Ray yet

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Oh, Disney you fail! She is the most famous BO poison in China and sucks in acting.

One of ... mate. Great box office poisons are just too many.

7 hours ago, Barnack said:

You could find american people calling Julia Roberts a box office poison on this message board, not so sure it is wise to take the words on people on the Internet over a corporation like Disney that bought serious world marketing expert study, they would have not hired a box office poison, specially if she cannot act, that make little sense.

Not to be taken for a personnal offense by the poster or to make it sound like I would know anything about China cinema industry, but just a general rules that box office poison is thrown around the Internet for pretty much everyone that ever acted by a least a couple of people.

Disney saw thousands of candidate in a very extensive and very long process, chance that the candidate at the end of those does not work are slim, just look at Tom Holland, Gadot, pretty much all MCU/Star Wars casting, etc...

Disney of course checked hundreds of candidates but what could they do when there is no such a fit to begin with? A young Chinese actress who performs well, speaks English well, gives that Mulan feel, and preferably has an established career.

5 hours ago, Rorschach said:

“The studio and the filmmakers have bent over backwards trying to find someone who checks everyone’s boxes, which, as you know, is impossible. The Chinese partners supported her and ultimately the decision was made based on the quality of the performance. I hope that people are able to step back and judge the movie as a whole when it is finished.”

translated: a best among the worst choice, all things considered

I agree though.

3 hours ago, Robert Cain said:

Good to see you here my friend!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1