A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

3 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

9-10 ratings have also dropped to 72 from 72.6

To be honest and looking at this thing once pre six hours I don’t remember anything  like that. In fact it seems that the 9-10 has been going up , from 70.8 to 72. The 1-2 has gone from 5.8 to 3.9 .

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Well mods have allowed those 2 cameron tards to derail and poison every single thread that they enter yet mods preach us to stay on topic and not poison the well. So its baffling to me as well

Yeah, they are basically bots with the sole purpose of annoying everyone.  Simple bots really...post the same thing every so often no matter what.  Immediate block and forget is the plan for me going forward 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

To be honest and looking at this thing once pre six hours I don’t remember anything  like that. In fact it seems that the 9-10 has been going up , from 70.8 to 72. The 1-2 has gone from 5.8 to 3.9 .

I looked it up every 30 min. It rose to a peak of 72.6 and is declining, now at 71.9

Maoyan just released 492M ($77.5M) prediction for tmrw and dropped total forecast significantly to 2.34B ($368.7M). Their algorithms should be taken with a grain of salt but important to note they overshot today’s numbers just like here and readjusted. 

Edited by jiangsen

11 minutes ago, jiangsen said:

Maoyan just released 492M ($77.5M) prediction for tmrw and dropped total forecast significantly to 2.34B ($368.7M). Their algorithms should be taken with a grain of salt but important to note they overshot today’s numbers just like here and readjusted. 

How much of Sat usually pre-sells for big openers or CBMs?  Saturday is currently at Y196.65m 

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

How much of Sat usually pre-sells for big openers or CBMs?  Saturday is currently at Y196.65m 

@POTUS would know

I believe normal release see 4-5x multi on Saturday, with bigger releases more like 3-4x. However, just like Friday, we may see a new low for this film. It's probably 3x max, and 2.5x min. 

So probable range of ¥500-600m tomorrow

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They said FF8 had a 3x multi but with today we shoould be more carefull like @ZeeSoh said. He said a 2.58multi, that would give us $516m (at 200m ps)

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

It looks like we’re still on target for $200m OW but no more than $220m. Probably around $205 - 210m. 

Depends on Sat, if sat hits high end of the 2.8x it will be bigger. $71m today, $88.5m sat

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

FF8 had 158m in Sat PS. This should get to 205 at least. 

FF8 managed around 3.07x multi which is quite low in itself since most movies manage more than that but then again most movies do not get to 150 total on saturday let alone sell that much in PS. As for IW I don’t think it will get a 3x multi. I had it somewhere a little lower than 2.6. 

But then again MCU movies play very strongly on Saturdays as they skew towards young and family so maybe we will see a bigger bump. 

As it stands though FF8 increased around 16.8% on Saturday. Earlier I had IW increasing around 25.5% from 390 on Friday to 490 on Saturday. But with the strong PS tomorrow I think it could increase 30% or maybe more to anywhere from 500-530

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

The current pace for Saturday presales is really encouraging. BP had 9% higher presales on Saturday and ended up with 31% jump. FF8 presales were basically flat and it got a 17% jump.

IW Saturday presales looking to be 15% higher so far, so it suggests a jump of 35-40%. But I'd be a bit conservative for now and say 30% jump. Even that should be enough to take it past 500M. 35% jump translate to 520M,and that is what I'd be hoping for.

• Like 1

FRIDAY Est.

Infinity War 392M/$60.7M, 451.4M/$71.3M including MN

2nd biggest OD behind FF7(480M)

2nd biggest True Friday behind FF8(417M)

4th biggest Single daily, behind MH2 OD(547M) , FF8 Sat (487.5M) and FF8 OD (480M)

Us and them, 7M/1303.3M

I am Your Mother 6.45M/7.25M OD

Rampage made 0.47M on Friday, will end its run at about 982M yuan

RPO made 0.11M today ,will finish with 1394M

• Like 11