A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

¡Amazing number for IW! I know a lot of people were expecting more because of high presales but a $71 OD is amazing. It will do +$180 on OW and finish with +$300, an amazing number for hollywood movies in China. Let's wait to see the saturday bump

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

when can I declare that my titanic is doomed or safe?

Next week if we have IW weekday numbers. Unless IW is a weekend movie then next weekend. But it's relatively save.

5 minutes ago, POTUS said:

usually the PS multi is 25-33% bigger on sat. eg 3x on OD then 4x on sat or 4x OD then 5x Sat.   FF8 was just 20%

PS are going to an unusual 15% higher than OD at 210m. todays PSm was 2.15, all time HLWD low

Were in uncharted territory again, so anything can happen. I assume a 30-40% bump with a typical PS multi expansion or its 20%, 475-550m tomorrow

Were FF Saturday presales same as or a bit lower than Friday? Do you remember??

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/avengers-infinity-war-76-million-china-opening-1202807175/

Avengers: Infinity War” has made a blockbuster start in China, the last major market to release the Disney-Marvel title.

By 10 p.m. Friday in China, the film had earned $66 million (RMB423 million) on its first full day of release, according to data from China Box Office. That gave it a 96% share of all cinema revenues in China that day.

The $66 million came on top of about $9.3 million earned in previews Thursday, according to Ent Group. That gives the superhero tentpole an estimated opening total of close to $76 million.

:winomg:

Who made this article ?? 

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

How is it not happening? 

I mean it’s possible that it falls off and doesn’t even reach the said number. I’m just not gonna overhype myself and then end up being disappointed. I was alredy tricked once - people promised me that the domestic would beat Avatar (700M+) and now it’s clear that it won’t happen.  

Edited by GraceRandolph

6 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I don’t know if 200 million is happening or not but I will never give even a glimpse at the Chinese presales thread. I mean just remembering what I was reading there a few days (or even hours) ago....damn:sparta:

you were selectively reading, numerous members were saying $200-220m.  They were just as credible with their posts

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/avengers-infinity-war-76-million-china-opening-1202807175/

Avengers: Infinity War” has made a blockbuster start in China, the last major market to release the Disney-Marvel title.

By 10 p.m. Friday in China, the film had earned $66 million (RMB423 million) on its first full day of release, according to data from China Box Office. That gave it a 96% share of all cinema revenues in China that day.

The $66 million came on top of about $9.3 million earned in previews Thursday, according to Ent Group. That gives the superhero tentpole an estimated opening total of close to $76 million.

Who made this article ?? 

To be somewhat fair to them, the english version of Ent Group is reporting $76m total OD+MN

http://english.entgroup.cn/boxoffice/cn/daily/?date=05 /11 /2018

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I mean it’s possible that it falls off and doesn’t even reach the said number. I’m just not gonna overhype myself and then end up being disappointed. I was alredy tricked once - people promised me that the domestic would beat Avatar (700M+) and now it’s clear that it won’t happen.  

Well I hope you enjoy the ride

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Who made this article ?? 

he must have gotten the number from Cboo which I hope is right

• Thanks 1

People here especially in the China thread make alot of effort to predict numbers based on presales and other movies with the same trend, Actuals being over or under their predictions is not their fault it's just how Box Office works.. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Amrwael22 said:

People here especially in the China thread make alot of effort to predict numbers based on presales and other movies with the same trend, Actuals being over or under their predictions is not their fault it's just how Box Office works.. 

Idd, and especially if the movies doesn't follow any guide line of previous movies. That like blaming people that they predicted that avatar would 'only' do $450m after it's OW. You can't predict things that don't follow previous patterns. 

• Like 1