A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

This has got to be the most negative atmosphere around an OW record ever on this forum. 

Well, after James Cameron bashed the MCU, lots of MCU fans just want one of his films to go down worldwide. I don't have a bone either way, but just by the numbers this sets it up for roughly 400m from China. Lets just say that would be 4 compartments, but they wanted 5.

5 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

Well, after James Cameron bashed the MCU, lots of MCU fans just want one of his films to go down worldwide. I don't have a bone either way, but just by the numbers this sets it up for roughly 400m from China. Lets just say that would be 4 compartments, but they wanted 5.

I’m not talking about the marvel fans. I’m talking about the idiots who don’t know anything about the box office who are calling this a bad performance based on the potential numbers that were given to them by other users here 

2 hours ago, jiangsen said:

Maoyan just released 492M ($77.5M) prediction for tmrw and dropped total forecast significantly to 2.34B ($368.7M). Their algorithms should be taken with a grain of salt but important to note they overshot today’s numbers just like here and readjusted. 

Do you have a link to the release? 

Disappointing? 

This film is on track to earn TWO-THIRDS OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN PROFIT.  On an investment of $450 million.

BTW, the US corporate tax rate has been cut from 35% to 21%.  And the effective rate will be even lower.

The Mouse is roaring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Unfortunately there’s like  zero chance for this doing 400 million.

It doesn't seem as front loaded as expected. Also it has pretty good ratings which are rising. 200 seems likely OW, and getting a 2x multiplier is more likely than it not happening.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

It doesn't seem as front loaded as expected. Also it has pretty good ratings which are rising. 200 seems likely OW, and getting a 2x multiplier is more likely than it not happening.

Last Marvel OW share of the box office for the big opener, should be close to 2x if it achieve that.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: 65%

Captain America: Civil War: 51.8%

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 59.5%

Iron Man 3: 53.2%

Thor: Ragnarok: 47.5%

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 48.2%

Considering competition and reception (especially if you account for it getting bombed with 1 reviews that have nothing to do with the movie), I think 400 USD is still very possible. That’s not the super crazy mega breakout some people were dreaming of to beat Titanic, but it keeps TFA competitive and is still extremely good for an import film.

Edited by Thanos Legion

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Last Marvel OW share of the box office for the big opener, should be close to 2x if it achieve that.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: 65%

Captain America: Civil War: 51.8%

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 59.5%

Iron Man 3: 53.2%

Thor: Ragnarok: 47.5%

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 48.2%

AOU had 6-day OW, and SMH faced Dawn of Apes

1 minute ago, Proxima Olive said:

AOU had 6-day OW, and SMH faced Dawn of Apes

The recent est got between 47.5% and 51.8% seem to be quite consistent around a 2x multi, I would imagine that around where we can expect this one also ?