A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

44 minutes ago, Fake said:

Presales will finish with 218-219M which is 40% down from yesterday.

Now, FF8 Sun presales were 27% down, and it dropped 21%.

BP's presales were 48% down, and it dropped 37%.

So, with presales 40% down, IW should have a drop of 31%, which translates to 340M.

$200M should still happen, but if Saturday drops from estimates (like it did for Friday) then who knows......

Lol lol lol.  I knew that this would happen.  Told everyone that they were overhyping it. Expect nothing!

42 minutes ago, Fake said:

Presales will finish with 218-219M which is 40% down from yesterday.

Now, FF8 Sun presales were 27% down, and it dropped 21%.

BP's presales were 48% down, and it dropped 37%.

So, with presales 40% down, IW should have a drop of 31%, which translates to 340M.

$200M should still happen, but if Saturday drops from estimates (like it did for Friday) then who knows......

let's say Sat drops to 485. Then Fri+Sat is 936. So Sun needs to be 331 to hit 1267 ($200). That's a 31.75% drop from 485. Fasten your seatbelts :apocalypse:

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lol lol lol.  I knew that this would happen.  Told everyone that they were overhyping it. Expect nothing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Chinese box office: Where you can go from a $200 million entire run to a $200 million opening weekend and still be considered a failure. Never change, China.

Also, Kudos to Gavin Feng on being conservative and calling it right. 

16 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Girl. Get some originality. 

She still way off, a $200m that she predicted is going to be it's OW and even your claim $270m is still $200m it will make more than that. So it's going to do $300m+. She can't talk her way out of this.

Meh, I wrote that it was missing 200 million a few hours ago and people were up in arms. Whatever ,this went below just about every prediction in here. Terrible legs incoming....

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Meh, I wrote that it was missing 200 million a few hours ago and people were up in arms. Whatever ,this went below just about every prediction in here. Terrible legs incoming....

If it drops hard tomorrow it will be frontloaded. Still the 30% increase on sat is a lot beter then FF8 18%

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Can you be your annoying self in just one thread instead of 84

• Like 3

Jimbo tends to compare other movies perfomance to Avatar,it's fair though and he never call anything make 0.5 of Avatar "disappointing result"

On the other hand,Thrylos can declare anything disappointing just because it may not pass previous record holder by much.Despite the fact that IW has never been more popular than FF in China,and being more frontload

• Like 2

When people said in some other thread, never seen a record breaker reception being so negative, I thought for a second, wait what record are we talking about, so made up record like best OW for a Hollywood SH movie or something.

No we are talking about the biggest openning ever in China and it was true that reading the thread one would have not known that was the case.

$200m is a totally made up irrelevant number (specially when you consider that it is volatile to the exchange rate and other factor), biggest openning ever is the big bar. Would not surprise me if the movie fall like a rock after that, having people going right away so much in that market and for that type of movie effect combined, but still..... 196 vs 206 vs 210m OW are like 5% difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1