A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Don't go this way, it woudn't take more than 15 min to atleast see that $200m wasn't crazy. All she had to do was read this forum page for 5min (it's her work she might as well do it decently). She would see predicitons from $180m -  $270m and she could still think that $270m was crazy (she would have been right) but she also would have noticed that $200m wasn't crazy and very possible. 

She can’t even spare 15 min to comb her hair let alone go through pages of text on some random forum. :wintf:

Edited by GraceRandolph

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m giving her a pass because estimating numbers is not her main focus.  While people here have had YEARS of experience - yet seem to be failing all the time. It’s like a chef over cooking his meals constantly.  First it was 700-800 DOM, and now this mess with China.  I didn’t even have to look at the presales to know that everyone was overhyping it. 

A movie on the verge of grossing $2B is 'overhyping'?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Graces comments on non 200m China were silly, but most of ya'll are vicious and it comes across quite pathetic how much you dislike someone purely because of movie/box office opinions. This isn't politics or deep thinking shit .. you should look at yourselves.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, MT50000 said:

Graces comments on non 200m China were silly, but most of ya'll are vicious and it comes across quite pathetic how much you dislike someone purely because of movie/box office opinions. This isn't politics or deep thinking shit .. you should look at yourselves.

No excuse for being stupid and calling people who ended up being right stupid lol she asked for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Don't go this way, it woudn't take more than 15 min to atleast see that $200m wasn't crazy. All she had to do was read this forum page for 5min (it's her work she might as well do it decently). She would see predicitons from $180m -  $270m and she could still think that $270m was crazy (she would have been right) but she also would have noticed that $200m wasn't crazy and very possible. 

In addition:

I did not read her blog or watch or whatever, but according to the quotes here she also seems to have gone rather insulting in her reactions, also dismissing people for 'blind fans' ... even getting harsh with that.... only based on them trying to point out the reality, in a way to help her to not get 'burned' was not a sign of intelligence or a good character and so on.

Cheap personality signs or however that is called.

Also she seems to have tried to change the details afterwards also (something with bringing in AoU # what seem to have changed her starting point up to $40m+ or so), something I do not think kindly about. And so on.

I am guessing her reaction - according to behavior shown via the quotes - might be either ignoring it or twisting it to something so absurd ppl not in the know might still not see the 'problem'. As much mire someone exxagerates as less av ppl seem to realise/remember the start position.

A bit strange that she seems to have following visitors (readers, watchers, defenders,... whatever)

• Like 4

Just now, Rebeccas said:

No excuse for being stupid and calling people who ended up being right stupid lol she asked for it.

If you watch her videos you know she isn't stupid. I'm assuming her only fault was doing zero research (which she should have done before commenting). And she definitely deserves the ribbing over it, for sure! Just not to the bitchyness levels you guys give it.

• Like 1

Just now, MT50000 said:

If you watch her videos you know she isn't stupid. I'm assuming her only fault was doing zero research (which she should have done before commenting). And she definitely deserves the ribbing over it, for sure! Just not to the bitchyness levels you guys give it.

This is like 34th dumbest thing she's done just in the last year

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MT50000 said:

Hi grace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Its fine to not believe or predict a 200m OW. Infinity War, due to its size, is pretty unpredictable by nature. All she needed to do was not tell people they were crazy and/or "marvelites" for believing in 200m OW based on presales because presales DID indicate 200m+.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, MT50000 said:

I was away for a long time, but if the quotes at BOT are correct, she reacted agressivly and insulting to tries to point out the differing numbers. And then her fans... seem to have behaved .... let's say it, I interpret the reactions here as a reaction to that, especially as I see react some users here in an for me unusual way, I remember being usually rather very level headed and always friendly.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 4

Just now, MAKKALUL said:

Its fine to not believe or predict a 200m OW. Infinity War, due to its size, is pretty unpredictable by nature. All she needed to do was not tell people they were crazy and/or "marvelites" for believing in 200m OW based on presales because presales DID indicate 200m+.

I reckon she didn't do any research and looked at CW opening and thought $200m was nuts. As for the marvelites comment, that was petty, I'd say she is definitely a DC fangirl to the point of bias though, so to be expected.

Fanboys will fanboy.

Just now, MT50000 said:

I reckon she didn't do any research and looked at CW opening and thought $200m was nuts. As for the marvelites comment, that was petty, I'd say she is definitely a DC fangirl to the point of bias though, so to be expected.

Fanboys will fanboy.

So basically she deserves to be dragged. thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

So basically she deserves to be dragged. thanks. 

Yeah she does, I already said that. Just not to the point I've seen. Like I said, some people are particularly spiteful and seem invested in it.

Edited by MT50000

2 minutes ago, MT50000 said:

Have you actually watched her channel? I did many times. She's dumb af. She doesn't know what she's talking about when it comes to BO numbers. I'll give you examples, 3 MCU movies.

1. She labeled SM: Homecoming as a 'loser' because she thought its gross is lower than the previous SM films. But the catch is, she did not even bother to wait for its China numbers before labeling as such. When the China numbers finally came in, she reluctantly reversed her 'loser' label and put it in the 'win' column. She did not have the patience to wait for the China numbers because it came 2 months after its domestic release.

2. She said that BP won't gross that much because she thought that it has no rewatchability factor. And when the movie did gangbusters, she now acts like she didn't say all those things. Crazy.

3. She labeled IW as TLJ-level divisive movie and said that if TLJ didn't get a pass, then the Marvelites shouldn't give a pass to IW either. She desperately wanted IW to have TLJ-effect on its box office (she self confessed to prefer DC over Marvel). And she constantly misses the box office predictions for IW. You know her prediction for IW's TOTAL in China? Just $200M+, on the level of Ultron.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Have you actually watched her channel? I did many times. She's dumb af. She doesn't know what she's talking about when it comes to BO numbers. I'll give you examples, 3 MCU movies.

1. She labeled SM: Homecoming as a 'loser' because she thought its gross is lower than the previous SM films. But the catch is, she did not even bother to wait for its China numbers before labeling as such. When the China numbers finally came in, she reluctantly reversed her 'loser' label and put it in the 'win' column. She did not have the patience to wait for the China numbers because it came 2 months after its domestic release.

2. She said that BP won't gross that much because she thought that it has no rewatchability factor. And when the movie did gangbusters, she now acts like she didn't say all those things. Crazy.

3. She labeled IW as TLJ-level divisive movie and said that if TLJ didn't get a pass, then the Marvelites shouldn't give a pass to IW either. She desperately wanted IW to have TLJ-effect on its box office (she self confessed to prefer DC over Marvel). And she constantly misses the box office predictions for IW. You know her prediction for IW's TOTAL in China? Just $200M+, on the level of Ultron.

Ok I give you the Spider-Man one, I never got that line of thinking. But yes I do watch her videos, I still don't think she's dumb, I just think she's bias against MCU to the point it clouds her judgement. That's a fault for sure and I get why it riles people up but again, it's just her harmless opinion, however dumb.

In regards to the rest of the industry and how it works, I think she comes across very clever.

Edited by MT50000

Just now, MT50000 said:

Ok I give you the Spider-Man one, I never got that line of thinking. But yes I do watch her videos, I still don't think she's dumb, I just think she's bias against MCU to the point it clouds her judgement. That's a fault for sure and I get why it riles people up but again, it's just her harmless opinion, however dumb.

What's the difference.