A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

23 minutes ago, MT50000 said:

Graces comments on non 200m China were silly, but most of ya'll are vicious and it comes across quite pathetic how much you dislike someone purely because of movie/box office opinions. This isn't politics or deep thinking shit .. you should look at yourselves.

Box office

Deep thinking

50 feet of crap

politics

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UserHN said:

Have you actually watched her channel? I did many times. She's dumb af. She doesn't know what she's talking about when it comes to BO numbers. I'll give you examples, 3 MCU movies.

1. She labeled SM: Homecoming as a 'loser' because she thought its gross is lower than the previous SM films. But the catch is, she did not even bother to wait for its China numbers before labeling as such. When the China numbers finally came in, she reluctantly reversed her 'loser' label and put it in the 'win' column. She did not have the patience to wait for the China numbers because it came 2 months after its domestic release.

2. She said that BP won't gross that much because she thought that it has no rewatchability factor. And when the movie did gangbusters, she now acts like she didn't say all those things. Crazy.

3. She labeled IW as TLJ-level divisive movie and said that if TLJ didn't get a pass, then the Marvelites shouldn't give a pass to IW either. She desperately wanted IW to have TLJ-effect on its box office (she self confessed to prefer DC over Marvel). And she constantly misses the box office predictions for IW. You know her prediction for IW's TOTAL in China? Just $200M+, on the level of Ultron.

She also said that BP underperformed OS because it has an 50/50 split dom and overseas Screenshot_20180513_121814.jpg

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I love when people unironically admit to watching grace on a consistent basis. It lets me know who to consider a total clown in the comments. 

About as much of a clown wondering about her social life whilst spending their weekend on this website? Really dude.

Damn there are some pathetic bitchs on this site, ya'll really do act like a bunch of virgin wizards or some shit.

Reddit is clearly the place to talk box office, this is like some bitchy high school clique on this site.

Edited by MT50000

1 minute ago, MT50000 said:

About as much of a clown wondering about her social life whilst spending their weekend on this website? Really dude.

Damn there are some pathetic bitchs on this site, ya'll really do act like a bunch of virgin wizards or some shit.

Reddit is clearly the place to talk box office, this is like some bitchy high school clique on this site.

and then there are the white knight warriors who I don’t just wonder, but actually worry about. 

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I love when people unironically admit to watching grace on a consistent basis. It lets me know who to consider a total clown in the comments. 

It's not clownish. It's like spying the enemy. Or like 'opposition research'.

2 minutes ago, MT50000 said:

Ok I give you the Spider-Man one, I never got that line of thinking. But yes I do watch her videos, I still don't think she's dumb, I just think she's bias against MCU to the point it clouds her judgement. That's a fault for sure and I get why it riles people up but again, it's just her harmless opinion, however dumb.

That is the key. You can not analyze numbers with feelings. Numbers are numbers, independently of some personal tastes. Myself prefer DC over Marvel, but I would never try to hide the fact of the huge IW China opening just because a certain forum has overpredicted it. In that sense, we can remember then the 1 billion predictions for Justice League not so long ago...

And to note that the person who gave the 230-270 opening range has never shown a Marvel fanboyism. At least, I do not remember any post in that sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fake said:

excuse me guys, who is this "she" people are talking about?? I have been mostly absent from this site past 2 years... So i havent got a clue.

Grace Randolph. A YouTuber who is notorious in this thread as you can see.

8 minutes ago, MT50000 said:

so spending the weekend on reddit gets you laid?

you sound upset

did your mom run out of cookies or is she throwing you out of the basement?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2