A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

13 minutes ago, MT50000 said:

About as much of a clown wondering about her social life whilst spending their weekend on this website? Really dude.

Damn there are some pathetic bitchs on this site, ya'll really do act like a bunch of virgin wizards or some shit.

Reddit is clearly the place to talk box office, this is like some bitchy high school clique on this site.

This is def a Grace ghost account lol. just joined 5 hours ago I see.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

When she said it wouldn't do $200m opening I said she didn't understand box office very well. Then yesterday I tweeted her a screenshot of Gavin saying it had made $148m the first 2 days. 

:lol:   Confronting some people with clear cut facts is evidently beyond the pale.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

He also said that BP underperformed OS because it has an 50/50 split dom and overseas Screenshot_20180513_121814.jpg

Earnestly? Wow, does she present BO analisys in way that implies her not being 'in the knowledge', only doing that in addition to hatever she is normally doing? (including the BO analysis being seemingly not regularily included as someone had stated)

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

But WW which had the near same 50/50 split didn't under-perform even though it made over $500m less.... :lol:

Okayyy, it gets better and better (as in it gets worse)

(Thanks for the welcome :wub: )

6 minutes ago, peludo said:

That is the key. You can not analyze numbers with feelings. Numbers are numbers, independently of some personal tastes. Myself prefer DC over Marvel, but I would never try to hide the fact of the huge IW China opening just because a certain forum has overpredicted it. In that sense, we can remember then the 1 billion predictions for Justice League not so long ago...

And to note that the person who gave the 230-270 opening range has never shown a Marvel fanboyism. At least, I do not remember any post in that sense.

That is exactly why I love BO too, numbers, so many numbers to analise, and as long as numbers get released without fault, always neutral.

Blind fandom trying to twist is not a sign for a good BO analist.

I do not know anyone who is a perfect predictor, in especial worldwide so many details that change constantly, I doubt there is anyone (including the pros) who will always be right.

That means every 'real' (not biased) predictor knows that there is no shame in doing research, asking others, looking up details,... and still get surprised by unusual patterns, especially if record breaking movies or maybe even worse, record breaking movies not appealing to all of the GA.

= no right for anyone here at BOT or outside of it to try to demean the ppl who sit down, do a lot of work and try to give us some numbers

(bte, I think 'the forum' as a sum was rather spot on (the % we here speaking about at dom would cause not similar reactions IMHO) in the last week, at least before the MN... thing happened, getting repeatedly too high numbers, ... no wonder the predictions got adjusted in a wrong direction)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Well it was fun as long as it lasted. I'm done though. Move on, guys, and ignore her.

Nah I don't want to step on anyone's fun haha I just don't get how this person is an unavoidable topic everywhere on these forums

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

@POTUS @fmpro @Proxima Olive @ZeeSoh @abra  @bladels

+ @Fake

Yes, good idea, not to forget who helped the most to provide us with insight and updates,... thank you very much to all of you, it was very interesteting to read through!

I come into this thread and I see TERRESTRIAL <3

welcome back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AJG said:

This... this was PAINFUL to watch. Good lord.

Seriously she breaks out into full on conspiracy at the start.

"How did China allow that to happen?"

Well the Chinese cinema are selling tickets :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, AJG said:

This... this was PAINFUL to watch. Good lord.

Seriously she breaks out into full on conspiracy at the start.

Ok, I bit and tried out.

Agree

Stopped around the 2nd minute.

1. Seems to have skimmed over a few resent articles, but not read those through with some energy / time spend.

2. Do not like her voice nor her speaking pattern.

The rest I do not know, I am, as some might remember, faceblind.

That's the last I plan to speak about her.

Generally speaking, Olive said recently MCU is not that accesable for 40+ Years old (can't find the post for the moment)

Might be interesting to check each... let's say... 5 Years to see if there will be a slight change for the older ages groups for movies like the MCU movies or otherwise not that based in a 'theoretically possibility' (= I mean e.g. fast cars, even if storywise... in later parts strongly exaggerated, might be funny also for older ppl who might remember times as their parents worked for a long time till the family had the first car, if it even it were the parents who bought the first car). I am aware about fantasy movies being successful too, but those seem based on local stories.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

Just now, terrestrial said:

Ok, I bit and tried out.

Agree

1. Seems to have skimmed over a few resent articles, but not read those through with some energy / time spend.

Generally speaking, Olive said resently MCU is not that accesable for 40+ Years old (can't find the post for the moment)

Might be interesting to check each... let's say... 5 Years if there will be a slight change for the older ages groups for movies like the MCU movies or otherwise not that based in a 'theoretically possibility' (= I mean e.g. fast cars, even if storywise... in later parts strongly exaggerated, might be funny also for older ppl who might remember times as their parents worked for a long time till the family had the first car, if it even it were the parents who bought the first car). I am aware about fantasy movies being successful too, but those seem based on local stories.

What you missed after is that she says the Chinese government are working together with Disney to gather more interest in their franchises due to common interests being Disneyland Shanghai and Hong Kong.

... can they transfer some of that "interest" to Star Wars on the way out? :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

What you missed after is that she says the Chinese government are working together with Disney to gather more interest in their franchises due to common interests being Disneyland Shanghai and Hong Kong.

... can they transfer some of that "interest" to Star Wars on the way out? :hahaha:

Arrgh, you did it, you reeled me back in.

Fast check TLJ:

China Disney 1/5/18 $28,137,073 66.1% $42,577,974 2/4/18

= fast shooting or shortsighted, or she would realised that after 'a lot of thinking.....' something does not add up with THAT idea.

There still seems not to be a smiley hitting its head against a wall to be available here. That I'd chose as answer to that theory of her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First its rotten tomatoes propping up Disney and now the entire government of China.  Truly can the mouse be stopped? (No but seriously "Chinese people like marvel because local Chinese governments invested in the Chinese disney theme parks" is quite the take)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Ok, I bit and tried out.

Agree

Generally speaking, Olive said recently MCU is not that accesable for 40+ Years old (can't find the post for the moment)

Might be interesting to check each... let's say... 5 Years to see if there will be a slight change for the older ages groups for movies like the MCU movies or otherwise not that based in a 'theoretically possibility' (= I mean e.g. fast cars, even if storywise... in later parts strongly exaggerated, might be funny also for older ppl who might remember times as their parents worked for a long time till the family had the first car, if it even it were the parents who bought the first car). I am aware about fantasy movies being successful too, but those seem based on local stories.

That's very interesting to hear! I've just learnt what "faceblind" is and it sounds like it can be quite scary to have! What's it like, if you don't mind me asking? (No pressure to answer, completely your choice)