A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Shazam midnight previews - 6.24m (estimated)

Movies

Previews

Shazam’s OW with same preview to OW multi (USD)

Captain Marvel

Venom

Ant-man 2

Spider-man Homecoming

Aquaman

Black Panther

Justice league

Thor Ragnarok

Shazam!

-

Guardians 2

Shazam has a holiday tomorrow instead of a typical working day so i dont know how much (if any) that skews the midnight previews. But most of the comparisons yield an OW in the 40's which is where the presales also point towards. So yeah somewhere in the 40's is a good guess for now

41 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Shazam midnight previews - 6.24m (estimated)

Movies

Previews

Shazam’s OW with same preview to OW multi (USD)

Captain Marvel

Venom

Ant-man 2

Spider-man Homecoming

Aquaman

Black Panther

Justice league

Thor Ragnarok

Shazam!

-

Guardians 2

Shazam has a holiday tomorrow instead of a typical working day so i dont know how much (if any) that skews the midnight previews. But most of the comparisons yield an OW in the 40's which is where the presales also point towards. So yeah somewhere in the 40's is a good guess for now

But aren' you comparing it with movies with a normal fss? I mean if tomorrow is a holiday people probably don't mind MN screenings as much so it would be inflated. 

13 minutes ago, pepsa said:

But aren' you comparing it with movies with a normal fss? I mean if tomorrow is a holiday people probably don't mind MN screenings as much so it would be inflated. 

I am but that is why i mentioned the fact that Shazam doesnt have a normal FSS which could inflate previews. And also because there isnt much else to compare to except Captain Marvel.

As for why I am back on the 40m+ OW train. That's due to the fact that fans seems to finally have realized this is coming tomorrow and rushed out to get tickets today. Which is why it has so far jumped the highest on its final day of PS of any movie I have tracked. I will put out my final PS report in a few hours when PS stops trickling in.

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3