A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

12 minutes ago, druv10 said:

So why was Aquaman spared for this petty squabble between fanbases? 

It was not stuck between 2 huge marvel films, and did not even have high rotten tomatoes score / not so critically acclaimed from reviewers. Many people were already posting in box office forums (tieba) about how good Shazam is, and fans of other movies were genuinely worried this might take the limelight.

Aquaman came out so long after the last Disney’s Marvel film, while Shazam is released right at the heat when everyone is taking about AEG’s confirmation of release dates/presales start date/tracking no. of likes increase on its Maoyan page etc.

but of course not everyone will like Shazam, some might have really found it too childlish... but almost 9% of audiences giving below 2 (out of 10points) is just puzzling.

Edited by TigerPaw

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I think this movie simply doesn't have enough spectacle for China.

I know, I was asking a rhetorical question since he said Marvel fans are down voting Shazam. Somehow same fans let Aquaman slip by.

• Like 2

lol marvel DC conspiracies come on man. 99% of this board has been rooting for Shazam.

Perhaps the audience was annoyed it wasn't the adult type of CMB they were expecting and they reacted harshly. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

It is great Box Office be damned. It’s budget is so low that it’s probably getting a sequel anyways 

That post credits scene makes me so undeniably excited for how weird the Shazequal could be

Not sure why so many people getting upset.

i just quote a few top reviews that spoke about its release date and reviews that tell people to wait and watch End Game instead.

no need to get so defensive. You don’t even know those reviewers. Lol.

like I said, some may find it childish and genuinely don’t like it. Or fans of other movies opening may be slightly biased against it. 

But almost 10 percent of scores of less than 2, shows that it is quite divisive film. Which most people would agree it is not?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

48 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

It was not stuck between 2 huge marvel films, and did not even have high rotten tomatoes score / not so critically acclaimed from reviewers. Many people were already posting in box office forums (tieba) about how good Shazam is, and fans of other movies were genuinely worried this might take the limelight.

Aquaman came out so long after the last Disney’s Marvel film, while Shazam is released right at the heat when everyone is taking about AEG’s confirmation of release dates/presales start date/tracking no. of likes increase on its Maoyan page etc.

but of course not everyone will like Shazam, some might have really found it too childlish... but almost 9% of audiences giving below 2 (out of 10points) is just puzzling.

How about the collapse in Europe and Korea? Done by Marvel fans too 😕?

• Like 3

Just now, UserHN said:

How about the collapse in Europe and Korea? Done by Marvel fans too 😕?

I did not even talk about those countries.

lol I just quoted some top reviews, no need to get so defensive and keep querying. 

I am just helping to translate. Probably wouldn’t help going forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Not sure why so many people getting upset.

i just quote a few top reviews that spoke about its release date and reviews that tell people to wait and watch End Game instead.

no need to get so defensive. You don’t even know those reviewers. Lol.

like I said, some may find it childish and genuinely don’t like it. Or fans of other movies opening may be slightly biased against it. 

But almost 10 percent of scores of less than 2, shows that it is quite divisive film. Which most people would agree it is not?

You can look at it this way. It may be considered a divisive film if the criteria is "is this movie childish or not". Korea and now China. Same sentiments. Although I don't quite understand the problem if this film is indeed childish (I haven't seen it yet). Childish can be fun most of the times.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I did not even talk about those countries.

lol I just quoted some top reviews, no need to get so defensive and keep querying. 

I am just helping to translate. Probably wouldn’t help going forward.

Ignore them. They don't know who you are or about box office. 

Review bombing is not new, it happened with IW too and many local movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Perhaps the audience was annoyed it wasn't the adult type of CMB they were expecting and they reacted harshly. 

This is pretty rich coming from the same audience who likes Ant-Man tbh 

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Thanks 1