A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

9 hours ago, LeoC said:

And the app that fans had to download to get the tickets survived the traffic. So shame on Fandango and AMC.

Release your app in India and China if you want to stress test how robust your app and network architecture is

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, XO21 said:

Well at least it'll be on par with The Last Jedi 

Reveal hidden contents

The difference between the 2 is one made bonkers amount of money in many other OS markets while the other one is underperforming in all OS markets. I would understand Europe and Korea's numbers for Shazam. But China and Brazil too? Brazil is like the most SH loving country out there.

Edited by UserHN
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Percent is small, amount is not small. Movies still get big part of theatrical profit from china.

It's not gonna stay at 25% either. That was the deal set up in 2012 and I don't see how they keep it at 25. Even if it jumps to just 35% that's worth pushing for this marketing. Movies that do well in China over 200+ would get back 70+ 

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It's not gonna stay at 25% either. That was the deal set up in 2012 and I don't see how they keep it at 25. Even if it jumps to just 35% that's worth pushing for this marketing. Movies that do well in China over 200+ would get back 70+ 

Even 25% makes china top 3 markets in theatrical profit for most cbm easily. 70% time, second to US. That's a very important market for action movies. Even for shazam, it will be top 3.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

After watching Shazam I can see why it is collapsing in China. It has zero appeal to the market just like Star Wars.

yep i understand all those cultural reference still all the jokes fell flat for me

Edited by GOXOG
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Well 1.4 would be 42 million that's even worse than the harsh predictions after it opened poorly. Like 285 million local.

Wont make much more IMO