A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

13 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

I don't know how de 1.4x fit for SHAZAM! with a Monday 10mn+.

Maybe the math on China is different 🤔🤔🤔

I'd advise you to watch, their market is way different. 1.5 would be a whopping 3 more million domestic and still very bad at 45 million.

5 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

It needs 79.47m to get 1.4 multi, it will do around 10m today. It it holds decent in the next days it might do more like another 110m.

I do want to remember you that there were also a lot of people talking about CM ending the run with 135m -140m . And it ended with something more like 154m. So it's not only for your beloved 'movie'. 

It's again all about precedents, movies with a such low maoyan score normaly have very bad lets + the sunday drop it was not crazy to assume the 1.4 multi.

None is going and commenting here that a fair amount of fans were saying $45m and have a good multi, speaking about the good wom every so probably in china. I mean none is commenting on those being way off and is WoM different in the US because it's a boxoffice forum, people will be wrong a lot of the times. Also if Olive is comming in and saying that it's not in fanboy way so it's because he saw real reason to believe a 1.4 might be happening (and 10m doesn't lock it going over 80m but makes it more likely) 

6 minutes ago, pepsa said:

It needs 79.47m to get 1.4 multi, it will do around 10m today. It it holds decent in the next days it might do more like another 110m.

I do want to remember you that there were also a lot of people talking about CM ending the run with 135m -140m . And it ended with something more like 154m. So it's not only for your beloved 'movie'. 

It's again all about precedents, movies with a such low maoyan score normaly have very bad lets + the sunday drop it was not crazy to assume the 1.4 multi.

None is going and commenting here that a fair amount of fans were saying $45m and have a good multi, speaking about the good wom every so probably in china. I mean none is commenting on those being way off and is WoM different in the US because it's a boxoffice forum, people will be wrong a lot of the times. Also if Olive is comming in and saying that it's not in fanboy way so it's because he saw real reason to believe a 1.4 might be happening (and 10m doesn't lock it going over 80m but makes it more likely) 

Cap Marvel did ¥390mn after ¥43mn Monday, since Shazam WOM is not that strong, ¥75-90mn totally make sense after ¥10mn Monday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

standard ticket price for IMAX of Endgame probably would be around $30...Mostly IMAX ticket price is around $20 for big titles in 1st-tier cities

Was IW around $20 or closer to what Endgame will get?

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Was IW around $20 or closer to what Endgame will get?

¥160-plus for most imax theaters in big cities. Endgame could be higher, but the average ticket price for it might not jump too much(could be no more than ¥40 as usual).

25 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

Anyone here predicting Shazam! numbers know  there is nothing open next weekend. 

I dont say Shazam! do well on China, just that I think base on competition it could do better. 

It's maoyan score is not good. It's gonna drop hard and fast. Question is just how fast.

Pstorm is gonna hold up better. 9.1 maoyan.

Edited by cdsacken

2 hours ago, Brinatico said:

Anyone here predicting Shazam! numbers know  there is nothing open next weekend. 

I dont say Shazam! do well on China, just that I think base on competition it could do better. 

You seem to have forgotten P Storm. That one is Shazam's biggest competition in China.

3 hours ago, Brinatico said:

Yes, poor reception and get wacked, especially with current competition

2 hours ago, Brinatico said:

5 small releases will take 50% of shows

P Storm and AD are holding much better and will retain more of their shows gobbling a majority of the other 50%.

Shazam show % has already dropped from 34% on Friday to 25% today. 23% tomorrow. It will likely have less than 8% shows this friday and drop 85-90% for second weekend. 

Could go like this

M  11

T     9

W   7.5

th   6.5

F    5

S    10

S    7.5

M-Th 9

3rd week 5

70.5m  1.35x OW

• Thanks 2