A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Looks like it should land at around ¥530m-¥531m by 12 AM

The estimate by the popular weibo account (chinese twitter) @dianyingpiaofang for the opening day is ¥535m. Plus the presales, it is ¥724m or about $107.8m usd.

Edited by sgchn40

2 minutes ago, sgchn40 said:

The estimate by the popular weibo account (chinese twitter) @dianyingpiaofang for the opening day is ¥535m. Plus the presales, it is ¥724m or about $107.8m usd.

You meant "Plus the midnight previews", right?

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

It definitely doesn’t add to the offenders reputation. If you check someone’s profile you can add up all of the non-“Not Cool” reactions and see that it equals their total reputation count. 

However, I’m going to say that using the “Not Cool” reaction counts towards your daily like count. Although I’m not 100% sure. 

@Water Bottle Can you confirm?

Don’t forget the Endgame Gold Account sale is on now. 

1 hour ago, Stewart said:

Thanks! One more question regarding that last bit:

Feasby007 pondered about counting reaction. He wondered whether that meant the "Not Cool" did not count for either person. He hoped it wouldn't increase the offenders "like" counter, but also hoped it would not decrease his limit for the day.

(In other words, when you say it doesn't count as a reaction, I assume you mean it doesn't add to the offenders reputation and it doesn't add to the reactor's reaction limit for the day)

Giving someone a Not Cool reaction will not change their like counter. It doesn't remove or add how many likes they have.

Giving someone a Not Cool reaction does take away from how many likes you have left like any other reaction does. This is to help prevent abuse, for system performance reasons, and because it is tied to the reaction system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

@Charlie Jatinder @POTUS 2020 And obviously @fmpro @ZeeSoh and other predictors that I am forgetting.

Presales for Thursday seem to be headed to 130m by 12pm/00.00 am. What is the likely multi of that 130m Figure?

I was thinking 2.55 for 331.5m yuan.

Endgame just had a 2.01 OD multi off of its OD PS of 263.37m (this number was the last number I grabbed at like 3.30-4.00am). Tomorrow's multi will obviously be higher. 

Age of Ultron, which also opened on a weekday, had a drop of approximately 33% from its OD. If Endgame follows the same drop it will gross 355m Yuan. Considering the PS for tomorrow is 131.8 right now that is a 2.71 PS multi. I doubt the multi would increase that much

Right now I am thinking a 2.4 multi for a 315-320 gross for tomorrow. PS for tomorrow will increase as the night goes by so my numbers could increase accordingly as well.

1 hour ago, Stewart said:

Hello Sam, I've joined you in the "One Word Real Name Username" club now :) And don't worry, gonna be keeping the blue/black Rubik's cube otherwise people will have no idea 😂

I was wondering who this Stewart bloke is in the SK thread and why is he all of a sudden active when the OD numbers came through and where the hell is Feasby. Then I looked at your gold status and the image and understood :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

Summarizing here,

Opening day = 107M USD ?

What was Monster Hunter at?

Something around 90M because of much smaller midnights. Pure OD was 86M. 

Edit:90M

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 1