Jump to content
A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office: General Discussion Thread | Wonder Woman - Dec 18, Soul - Dec 25

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Olive said:

AEG has passed 4B yuan!

Is Marvel still doing celebratory milestone poster for EG? I saw a few before that combined to be a big spread, but haven’t seen another in a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What is up with Detective Pikachu's abnormally high percentage of 1 or 2 out of 10 ratings on Maoyan? Its even higher than Shazam. Is it being brigaded for same reasons as Infinity War last year?

Might be because of the trade wars between US and China.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What is up with Detective Pikachu's abnormally high percentage of 1 or 2 out of 10 ratings on Maoyan? Its even higher than Shazam. Is it being brigaded for same reasons as Infinity War last year?

Maybe the trade war effect, like IW last year. Or maybe they just hate the movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sam said:

Is Marvel still doing celebratory milestone poster for EG? I saw a few before that combined to be a big spread, but haven’t seen another in a while. 

87174422gy1g2l4564xfnj21h40u0thx.jpg

they have. And every poster has a special meaning.

6 = original six avengers

10= 10 heroes left at the begining of A4

22 = MCU movie count

....

38 = Tony became Iron Man at 38 

All small posters will form a big one in the end.

 

Edited by Olive
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the trade war effect

Till  Thursday 1 usd dollar = 6.74 from yesterday, 1 dollar = 6.82 yuan 

So what happens to total gross

According to today exchange rate 

4 billion Chinese yuan is only  587 million usd. 

A loss around 6 usd dollar 

What does it mean to final total 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aj9 said:

Because of the trade war effect

Till  Thursday 1 usd dollar = 6.74 from yesterday, 1 dollar = 6.82 yuan 

So what happens to total gross

According to today exchange rate 

4 billion Chinese yuan is only  587 million usd. 

A loss around 6 usd dollar 

What does it mean to final total 

It means that box office mojo will report Chinese total wrong, but Disney's reporting of WW total will be correct

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aj9 said:

Because of the trade war effect

Till  Thursday 1 usd dollar = 6.74 from yesterday, 1 dollar = 6.82 yuan 

So what happens to total gross

According to today exchange rate 

4 billion Chinese yuan is only  587 million usd. 

A loss around 6 usd dollar 

What does it mean to final total 

Hope it wont affect the final total

So sad if it is true

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pikachu could miss 50m OW mark if it continues like this. Looks like heading to high 80’s at this point for today. 

 

Tomorrow’s PS is also not looking too hot atm. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

God, why is this stupid trade war even happening? (I mean, i know the orange answer, but still) :( This could be very bad news for the later May Hollywood films as well.

Well, Aladdin is expected to not do well in China. So DP and Godzilla are the ones most affected by it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

God, why is this stupid trade war even happening? (I mean, i know the orange answer, but still) :( This could be very bad news for the later May Hollywood films as well.

It's happening all over Iran, India.... Well you know the answer 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Well, Aladdin is expected to not do well in China. So DP and Godzilla are the ones most affected by it.

Good thing that both DP and Godzilla were produced by a subsidary of a China company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Good thing that both DP and Godzilla were produced by a subsidary of a China company.

Aside from the rise of nationalism, did you look at the ER today? Drastic change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I've noticed is that the film seems to divisive (that or the trade war has attracted review bombers):

8g9PlpG.png

 

As you can see, there's a lot more 1-2 then you'd expect.

 

Perhaps this will be one of those rare movies that keeps creeping up on Maoyan until the potential bombing has gone down?

 

The only counterpoint to this is that the 3-4 is quite high relative to the 5-6 range.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.