A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

AEG final numbers, 4239.58M yuan, 86.61M admissions

48.95yuan ATP, 2nd highest in all-time top100(Avatar 49.75)

It total admissions are lower than Dying to Survive, despite making 1.14B more on BO.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

From now on, no more Hollywood title will hit ¥3,000M before Avatar 2.

you can never say that for sure unless trade war continues to screw up releases. if Aquaman can gross 2B yuan there could be some big movie with 3B potential. Especially with phenomenal growth of screens including iMax and PLF.

16 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

you can never say that for sure unless trade war continues to screw up releases. if Aquaman can gross 2B yuan there could be some big movie with 3B potential. Especially with phenomenal growth of screens including iMax and PLF.

¥35 ATP for most import titles. It means 86 million admission to hit ¥3,000M. 

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

¥35 ATP for most import titles. It means 86 million admission to hit ¥3,000M. 

Can Avatar 2 manage to be over ¥45 as I think Endgame had the spoiler rush hype in weekend when the ticket prices were over ¥55 and a dedicated fanbase buying them anyways.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Can Avatar 2 manage to be over ¥45 as I think Endgame had the spoiler rush hype in weekend when the ticket prices were over ¥55 and a dedicated fanbase buying them anyways.

Avatar don't have that huge fanbase. Maybe more close to The Wandering Earth's ATP than EG's.

• Like 2

Midnight Grosses:-

Jurassic World - 13.63m

Mission Impossible 6 - 10.21m

Godzilla 2 - 9.13m

Pacific Rim 2 - 8.78m

Alita - 6.51m

Bumblebee - 5.82m

The Meg - 4.28m

Detective Pikachu - 2.96m

Godzilla 2 is sandwiched between Pacific Rim 2 which opened to about 64m and Mission Impossible 6 which opened to 76m.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Midnight Grosses:-

Jurassic World - 13.63m

Mission Impossible 6 - 10.21m

Godzilla 2 - 9.13m

Pacific Rim 2 - 8.78m

Alita - 6.51m

Bumblebee - 5.82m

The Meg - 4.28m

Detective Pikachu - 2.96m

Godzilla 2 is sandwiched between Pacific Rim 2 which opened to about 64m and Mission Impossible 6 which opened to 76m.

So what we’ve been saying for awhile. Looking at $70m opening? Need something positive for this movie... gonna ask for a little more with 75-80

20 minutes ago, Cookson said:

So what we’ve been saying for awhile. Looking at $70m opening? Need something positive for this movie... gonna ask for a little more with 75-80

Check my recent post in the presales thread. Lots of variables like advance screenings and Maoyan being disconnected from official numbers makes this a unique situation and a bit difficult to guess. Right now I am thinking 65-70m OW although normal PS to Ow multi will lead this to 55-60m. 

75-80 is not impossible but would require a very high PS to OW multi of 16-17x. Apart from Aquaman (18x) no other movie that I have tracked has had such a high multi. The only other that has come close is Alita with a 15x multi. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Check my recent post in the presales thread. Lots of variables like advance screenings and Maoyan being disconnected from official numbers makes this a unique situation and a bit difficult to guess. Right now I am thinking 65-70m OW although normal PS to Ow multi will lead this to 55-60m. 

75-80 is not impossible but would require a very high PS to OW multi of 16-17x. Apart from Aquaman (18x) no other movie that I have tracked has had such a high multi. The only other that has come close is Alita with a 15x multi. 

Honestly... I’ll take this report with all the negativity surrounding the film. Hopefully it’ll open on the high end of these projections. Thanks