A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

7 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Give him a break for god sake. He'll be back when he's back.

i didnt say why he isnt back or anything like that, i just find this whole thing completly ridiculous from both sides thats it

ps i just find it very weird to be angry with someone online bc he said something with not the best way, and to block all of your social media bc of it , that just become ridicolous its not like this has happened to him on regular basis

Edited by john2000

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

ps i just find it very weird to be angry with someone online bc he said something with not the best way, and to block all of your social media bc of it , that just become ridicolous its not like this has happened to him on regular basis

Other factors may also have contributed to it, personal issues for example...

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The top 3 movies of the year, WtE , Ne zha and EG top all movies in USA except EG....

Looks like Lion King won’t even beat them with service fees taken out, but will make it to fifth. F2 and TROS still coming to take a shot at the 2019 top single territory grosses.

5 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Looks like Lion King won’t even beat them with service fees taken out, but will make it to fifth. F2 and TROS still coming to take a shot at the 2019 top single territory grosses.

The situation is gonna be quite amusing next year, as we don't have any guaranteed domestic $500M+, but with China, you never know which film could explode and demolish records, we'll likely see a few $600M for sure as we are seeing them with increasing frequency.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I guess anything is possible, but how long a shot for Frozen 2 and TROS to surpass Endgame's 857M?

7 hours ago, firedeep said:

I hope TROS flops so that Catherine Kennedy & JJ get fired so that SW gets rebooted.

Uhmm, I think you mean Kathleen Kennedy. And this is JJ's last SW movie anyways so zero chance of him getting fired. David Benioff and Dan Weiss will take over the next trilogy.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

Watched Dying to Survive. Good film. First good Chinese film I watched, of the two, other being WW2. Looking forward to Ne Zha.

That said, bravo to China that how big this film made. A drama with almost no crowd pleasing sequence. 

There are a lot of good Chinese films like Ip Man, Detective Chinatown, Hello Mr Loser etc.

Dying to Survive is great. WW2 had huge box office but honestly i don't find it anywhere near the top of chinese films, too much propoganda and nationalistic pride.

• Like 2

As per @dada

Translation

Congratulations. However, since the market reform in 1994, there have been more than 200 movies that have exceeded 100 million people since the statistics. Even in the towns where 35mm copies are recorded, more than 30 movies have reached this level.

So was Titanic not the biggest grosser back then, as it had only 20mn admissions.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

As per @dada

Translation

Congratulations. However, since the market reform in 1994, there have been more than 200 movies that have exceeded 100 million people since the statistics. Even in the towns where 35mm copies are recorded, more than 30 movies have reached this level.

So was Titanic not the biggest grosser back then, as it had only 20mn admissions.

It's a about some history problem. When New China was founded in 1949, there were only 678 cinemas nationwide. Through studying in the Soviet Union, China has established a large number of simple theaters, will occasionally play movies in the auditorium or theater, and set up a mobile screening units. In 1985, the number of units that can be shown film was as high as 182,434. A large number of simple cinema tickets are very cheap,  a movie ticket in the countryside is often worth less than 50g rice.

Despite the large number of movie viewers, cost recovery is very difficult. In 1982 ,an official report shows that a medium-cost movie requires 30 million 35mm copies admissions and 150 million 16mm/8.5mm admission to break even.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

As per @dada

Translation

After 1992, the policies and forms of the Chinese film market have undergone tremendous changes, ticeket price become expensive, and a large number of cinemas have closed. In 1995 only about 3,500 screens were in normal operation.

• Like 1