A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

44 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

I think ¥25mn Friday, ¥30mn Saturday and ¥21mn Sunday. ¥100mn 5 Days.

impossible

Even 100m yuan total is probably dead

1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

we'll see.  it has a chance

9d7279172daec93926d5fc0043684813159d2684 mark-hamill.jpg

yes, as long as the show count is decent for the holidays

Just 2.2x PS.  Oh my.  Crashing dailies are as much fun tracking popping daily BO

Can the PSm drop tomorrow? and Sat

$20m dead,  Shall we go for $15m?

$15m is unlikely atp

8 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Uh, is it just me or is the SW pace today like.... really miserable?

7 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I was wondering if it will hit 2.5x. I mean using 5.15 PS, it will have added about 2.5 by 16:00...

Numerically I was thinking low 12s here, and a $10M 5-day. Seemed too pessimistic, but what do I wake up too... :hahaha:

• Like 1

TROS OD:

12.2m (1.74m USD)

PS for friday are 6m at MN, yesterday they were 5.05m so friday ps's up by 20% so tomorrow will probably be between 13m - 18m yuan.

Depending on how much WoM will affect the multiplier and how much friday evening will boost the evening ramp up.

Sat is at 4.1m, Friday was at 3.88 at the same point in time.

Edited by pepsa
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, ymblcza said:

I checked End Game (because both opened on Wednesday with very low multi), the Friday multi was almost the same with Thur (2.43→2.41). I'm seeing this doing 14-15m

I guess that’s an interesting recent data point for a non-holiday Thursday... but 6m PS vs 176m PS, how similar can the dynamic possible be? If PSm ratio is the same I feel like it will be mostly coincidence. 

Edited by Arendelle Legion

5 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I guess that’s an interesting recent data point for a non-holiday Thursday... but 6m PS vs 176m PS, how similar can the dynamic possible be? If PSm ratio is the same I feel like it will be mostly coincidence. 

I'm not comparing TROS with EG, I'm comparing PSm on Fri with that on Thur, I think that works

PSm of EG stayed flat for several days

Edited by ymblcza

7 minutes ago, ymblcza said:

I'm not comparing TROS with EG, I'm comparing PSm on Fri with that on Thur, I think that works

PSm of EG stayed flat for several days

Yeah, no I get the idea. I’m just saying that the ridiculous PS numbers for EG may have kept the PSm depressed below normal behavior on both days, causing less day to day PSm movement than a more reasonably sized Wed open would see. It also didn’t have a much bigger movie open on Friday. 

12 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Yeah, no I get the idea. I’m just saying that the ridiculous PS numbers for EG may have kept the PSm depressed below normal behavior on both days, causing less day to day PSm movement than a more reasonably sized Wed open would see. It also didn’t have a much bigger movie open on Friday. 

True but ... maybe 6m presale is HUGE for TROS

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1