A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

5 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

Dayumn. I wonder if that conspiracy theory of virus leak from laboratory was true and we see more viruses outbreak in coming days. Besides may be lockout was for that situation and not just one virus.

These conspiracy theories are never true

11 hours ago, TMP said:

These conspiracy theories are never true

I HATE Conspiracy Theories.

ANd in a situation like this, spreading them is an irresponsible act. All they do is cause more panic, and that is a bad,bad, thing.

This is for real, folks. People are dying, and many more may die...andnot just in China.

Play your stupid little games on other topics, but leave this one alone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

The expression killing annually for a new version of the Corona brand type of virus is a bit strange of a strange one no ? Or it is about the average annual killed by corona type of virus we always have in circulation ?

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The expression killing annually for a new version of the Corona brand type of virus is a bit strange of a strange one no ? Or it is about the average annual killed by corona type of virus we always have in circulation ?

I would like to think they took the deaths so far against death caused by Common Flu in same period.

30 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

I would like to think they took the deaths so far against death caused by Common Flu in same period.

I would imagine but that would be I feel that would be quite the useless metric, how much it will kill this year, % that get it that die the first few days, spreading rate, etc... is the metric that feel mean something, absolute death of something that just started to spread versus a total season of an other....

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

So it's the Chinese governments position that this virus is isn't actually a big deal and less of a threat than the common flu... while at the same time shutting down all theatres and quarantining tens of millions of people. Their actions belie their words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tower said:

So it's the Chinese governments position that this virus is isn't actually a big deal and less of a threat than the common flu... while at the same time shutting down all theatres and quarantining tens of millions of people. Their actions belie their words.

8 doctors were taken by local policemen at the beginning of the year because they told & warned other people a new virus similar to SARS was spreading. Policemen said it was incorrect rumor from eight rumor makers(didn't mention they were doctors and professional) and fueled unnecessary panic. After the outbreak, some of these doctors also got ill when they were working hard to save patients.

A post on weibo pose a question - how would you convince people that the virus is coming if you go back to 30 days ago. 

The hottest comment a) - It's impossible, because I'm gonna be the 9th rumor maker.

The hottest comment b) - God sent 8 saviors, and the story ended there.

Edited by Gavin Feng

1 hour ago, Tower said:

Chinese local government clearly downplay or even cover up the outbreak at least during the initial stage.

And why do they even bother to build a new specialty hospital in less than 2 weeks just to accommodate the overwhelming number of patients??? 

If the common flu is more serious than Coronavirus, they should have the infrastructure at that scale long ago already right?  

10 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

One day Chinese government will pay for all this. 

Coronavirus: Disabled boy dies in China after father quarantined

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51362772

:whosad:

Chinese Government had done crap worse then this and gotten away with it?

Guess you are too young to remember the Tiemein square massacre of 1989.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Some day, everyone who is currently a part of the Chinese government will be dead. Some of them will have more suffering than enjoyment between then and now, but most will probably have more enjoyment than suffering.  If you’re looking for more justice than that, prepare to be disappointed.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Some day, everyone who is currently a part of the Chinese government will be dead. Some of them will have more suffering than enjoyment between then and now, but most will probably have more enjoyment than suffering.  If you’re looking for more justice than that, prepare to be disappointed.

politics are in general shit, and the systems dont work for the reason , that they created in the first place, as people are using the systems now, to make profit , and have power, and this will not change unless common people try to do something about that, but i dont think that they will  unfortunately

Edited by john2000

20 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

A man can not speak when he is alive. And the man can not be silent when he is dying.

You guys may not understand how desperate Chinese people are right now. 

It's sad how much America is downplaying this, especially in the financial sectors. My thoughts are with everyone impacted. It's scary and I hope the drugs being trialed help 🥺

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

It's sad how much America is downplaying this, especially in the financial sectors. My thoughts are with everyone impacted. It's scary and I hope the drugs being trialed help 🥺

Hey, A President being  impeached pretty much pushes everything else off the front pages. I suspect this will get more attention not the impeachment is over.

ANyway, and I am an American, Americans have a very bad habit of ignoring overseas events until they kick the US In the butt...….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

A man can not speak when he is alive. And the man can not be silent when he is dying.

You guys may not understand how desperate Chinese people are right now. 

True, but the memory of Tieman Square discourages them from doing anything about it. As was intended.

It will be a happy day when the Mandate of Heaven is withdrawn from the current Chinese regime.

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hey, A President being  impeached pretty much pushes everything else off the front pages. I suspect this will get more attention not the impeachment is over.

ANyway, and I am an American, Americans have a very bad habit of ignoring overseas events until they kick the US In the butt...….

If anything he would use it as a weapon in the trade war. He hates foreigners, always has. Not gonna get political but I've voted Democrat zero times in my life and I still loathe him. I've never been more embarrassed living abroad. People looked at Americans with pity, rightfully so.

8 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I am deeply saddened by this, and a lot of my friends are. Many of my fiends spoke up in social media, asking for freedom of speech. This is the first time ever in my life that I saw people become so vocal in political affairs. Sadly, I don't think it will change anything, but at least we tried this time.