A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Heard that 100% of the revenue of rereleases is going to the theatres for the time being, with Disney having Coco as one of the first films out of the gate I wonder if they are using that as a means to push for an exemption for a 2021 Chinese New Year release for Mulan. 

On 7/22/2020 at 7:43 AM, Jamiem said:

Heard that 100% of the revenue of rereleases is going to the theatres for the time being, with Disney having Coco as one of the first films out of the gate I wonder if they are using that as a means to push for an exemption for a 2021 Chinese New Year release for Mulan. 

False information. HLW studio re-releases are normal revenue-sharing. So Disney will have that Coco rerelease money. Local re-releases depend case by case.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Saturday: Dolittle 14mn I guess. Bloodshot 7mn. Coco 2mn mostly. Sheep without Shepherd 5mn.

Next weekend Enigma of Arrival has currently 1mn PS. Seems quite good, may be ¥100mn weekend.

that's fake presales

• Thanks 1

I think F9 will have a decline in China. 
Hobbs and Shaw did 75% of FF8 in USA. In India about 75%. Japan 80%. Middle East 80%. 

But China dipped to half. I know Europe also dipped 40% in Admits but they are hardly related to China. I think this is sign that may be China will go down the hype for F9. I am expecting just about 25% increase in China for F9. What say @A Marvel Fanboy

27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think F9 will have a decline in China. 
Hobbs and Shaw did 75% of FF8 in USA. In India about 75%. Japan 80%. Middle East 80%. 

But China dipped to half. I know Europe also dipped 40% in Admits but they are hardly related to China. I think this is sign that may be China will go down the hype for F9. I am expecting just about 25% increase in China for F9. What say @A Marvel Fanboy

25% increase from H&S for F9 seems legit

• Like 1