A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If DC3 can have ATP of 45 (of The Wandering Earth) and 135mn admissions (a bit less than Ne Zha), it will have shot at TFA single territory record. For $1Bn will either need ATP a bit higher admissions or higher ATP. 

If ER improves 0.1 points, will need 5.95Bn gross.

Just to see the chance of reaching those numbers is exciting, something lost along this past year. This forum needs a possible record like this to recover some fun.

Said this, I add for those who do not have data, that it would need 5.69Bn to beat Wolf Warrior 2 as the biggest film ever in China and with current ER, about 6.48Bn Yuan to reach that magical number of $1b.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

90% forum, quite frankly may be  unaware of China thread  :redcapes:

Yes, you are right. Usually, people only remember Chinese thread when a big Hollywood film is being released. I remember many people here when Endgame was making absurd numbers.

But I guess that if some film has a chance of being the first one making 1 billion in a single territory, someone else will come here.

1 hour ago, Mau said:

Any chance Disney aims earlier release date for Raya and the last dragon in China? 

Depend on their direct-to-customer & International department. As I see, they don’t really care about having a exclusive theatrical window or not in front of massive Disney+.

In terms of daily want-to-see sign ups on Maoyan ticket site, Detective Chinatown 3 has never fallen below 10k since Dec.24(7 weeks before opening). In recent 7 days, DC3 is like

- 3.6 times of Monster Hunt 2 ($86.2M OD)

- 4.7 times of Crazy Alien ($60.9M)

- 5.0 times of Pegasus ($47.5M)

Industry analysts are expecting it would be the first title to hit $100M OD without any screening of midnight or preview.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

On 1/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, CoolK said:

Pixar's Soul should pass $50mn by this thursday(currently at $49.23). It has been a slow crawl to get there for sure

crossed 50mn yesterday($50.27mn). Next target is to beat Incredibles2($51.5mn) to become No.2 Pixar release in China after Coco($189mn).

15 minutes ago, CoolK said:

crossed 50mn yesterday($50.27mn). Next target is to beat Incredibles2($51.5mn) to become No.2 Pixar release in China after Coco($189mn).

That will happen in USD this weekend, but beating in RMB might take until the very last days of the run (if it happens at all, though I’m optimistic).

• Thanks 1