Jump to content
A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office: General Discussion Thread | Wonder Woman - Dec 18, Soul - Dec 25

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jatvision said:

Choose your adventure

 

$357M or

$407M or

$457M or

$507M

 

In addition you can go for something like $407M without service charge gross.

 

 

Whatttt?????!!!!!!

 

Does it mean that more than 80 million people will go to see a single movie in just one weekend?????????????

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, setna said:

Whatttt?????!!!!!!

 

Does it mean that more than 80 million people will go to see a single movie in just one weekend?????????????

Ticket price will probably be low $7, so more like 65M admits if it hit 457, which is optimistic.   
 

Speaking of, Maoyan is now down to ¥648M, seems like they got a little ahead of themselves there and needed a correction.

  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steven said:

Acturally,OD record is MH2,in China we don't count preview in OD 

those aren't previews on Thursday. they started post midnight, so should be considered as in rest of world.

 

It is ironical, I prefer not including Thursday (starting from 6PM) previews in USA to OD but China previews are actually from midnight i.e. new day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s adding like 1M/minute this hour, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.    
 

Occupancy is already like 58%, so surely it will just plateau some point. But I dunno, maybe add another couple thousand sessions, 80% occupancy for 1.2B? This has gotta be the craziest CBO day ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jatvision said:

812.61M at 12:00

 

1050-1100M looks like it.

I think it's going to be close to 1100, which is an alltime record of $170M. It's rate has been tremendous this morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

It’s adding like 1M/minute this hour, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.    
 

Occupancy is already like 58%, so surely it will just plateau some point. But I dunno, maybe add another couple thousand sessions, 80% occupancy for 1.2B? This has gotta be the craziest CBO day ever.

With Endgame it would halt when it got to the evening showings, presumably because they were already sold out. I wonder if we see something similar here?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I think it's going to be close to 1100, which is an alltime record of $170M. It's rate has been tremendous this morning.

Yeah, around 1450M capacity. Shall go around 75-77.5% occu I suppose.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious what the Maoyan number will come it at. I'm expecting at least 9.0 but it would be kinda funny/more interesting if it was like 8.0 just to see what kind of BO run it could maintain at that kind of rating.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

With Endgame it would halt when it got to the evening showings, presumably because they were already sold out. I wonder if we see something similar here?

Oh for sure. But it’ll get to like 1.1 before the evening probably, so... 😅

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I'm curious what the Maoyan number will come it at. I'm expecting at least 9.0 but it would be kinda funny/more interesting if it was like 8.0 just to see what kind of BO run it could maintain at that kind of rating.

I just for once want to see biggest CNY film with best reception. Let's check the ceiling.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlackWidow?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BlackWidow</a> CNY Poster. <a href="https://t.co/z47hF4R5cj">pic.twitter.com/z47hF4R5cj</a></p>&mdash; andolanjeevi jat (@meJat32) <a href="https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1360100631143350276?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

Other Disney Poster - https://m.weibo.cn/status/K1q3U7x0e?jumpfrom=weibocom

Edited by jatvision
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.