A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

5 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

You implying 50 yr olds watch anime? 😂

I think the fanbase animes are usually frontloaded. The general films with four quadrant audience leg long.

Though I am still new to Japanese box office to give concrete answers, but screen thing certainly and aged demo most likely are the reasons.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Though I am still new to Japanese box office to give concrete answers, but screen thing certainly and aged demo most likely are the reasons.

There is a circular effect here, a culture with low frontloading do not need many screen, a culture with low screen count will not be able to be frontloaded, which come first.

American giant cineplex cinema tend to not be any close to full outside some days of event movies, is that they made the market frontloaded or that is in reaction of that market direction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, but you have more 15-30 aged people in China than US population.

What are you talking about? China's population is 4 times bigger than USA, this country must be terribly freaking wrong if they somehow have a smaller 15-30 aged group smaller than US population. In term of %, both countries have similar share in term of young population.

6 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

What are you talking about? China's population is 4 times bigger than USA, this country must be terribly freaking wrong if they somehow have a smaller 15-30 aged group smaller than US population. In term of %, both countries have similar share in term of young population.

China 15-30 years old > USA Entire population.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, but you have more 15-30 aged people in China than US population.

Not sure how it would be relevant but (if you mean including people aged 15 and aged 30)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1101677/population-distribution-by-detailed-age-group-in-china/

(5.11% + 5.63 % + 7.49% + 0.2* 8.61% ) * 1.398 billion = about 279 millions people, which is a bit less than US population of 328 millions.

7 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

this country must be terribly freaking wrong if they somehow have a smaller 15-30 aged group smaller than US population

Not sure about that, if most people are between 0 and 70, 16 year's is less than a quarter of that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

What could that fact to do (outside that I am not sure it is true) have to do with legs multiplier (which is all relative to the OW) ?

23 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think the fanbase animes are usually frontloaded. The general films with four quadrant audience leg long.

It could be a combination of the low screen count

+ the fact that animated movies historically have had better legs than live actions

+ weeb culture

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There are more dead people in India than in Sri Lanka in a day, therefore India is a very deadly place that people should avoid, per your logic

Edited by Borobudur

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure how it would be relevant but (if you mean including people aged 15 and aged 30)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1101677/population-distribution-by-detailed-age-group-in-china/

(5.11% + 5.63 % + 7.49% + 0.2* 8.61% ) * 1.398 billion = about 279 millions people, which is a bit less than US population of 328 millions.

My source was this

https://www.populationpyramid.net/china/2019/

28.2% population 15-30 i.e. 404M.

42 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

My source was this

https://www.populationpyramid.net/china/2019/

28.2% population 15-30 i.e. 404M.

Maybe you are thinking that female percentage are about equal to male one or counting all the 30-35 into your total.

You can download the .csv, it is 275,712,601 for the 15-29, around 298-302 with the 30

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Maybe you are thinking that female percentage are about equal to male one or counting all the 30-35 into your total.

You can download the .csv, it is 275,712,601 for the 15-29, around 298-302 with the 30

Oh I was I was adding 30-34. But I guess 34 is young age 😛