A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Probably this week will decide whether Endgame or Avatar hold record for long time. Don't think anything till next Endgame level Avengers film is going to hit the record. With Disney focussing on D+, who knows, may be much much long time.

PS. It's amazing how CGI still hold and is better than many recent films.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

don't really care. But I will try to see it through every IMAX screen of Beijing's downtown. 

Ok, apparently a big national 3D and imax 3D release is planned in China. Avatar not only going to overtake Avengers Endgame but it will even outrun it.

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

Maoyan now expecting ¥70 from first 2 days, would be enough for #1 already. Seems a bit optimistic to me though in terms of final day PS growth and PSm.

$11M in first 2 days ? Really really huge, his first weekend could therefore reach $15M and we could expect a final around $25M-$35M

=  around $2,820B for Avatar.

Edited by LPLC
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, LPLC said:

$11M in first 2 days ? Really really huge, his first weekend could therefore reach $15M and we could expect a final around $25M-$35M

=  around $2,820B for Avatar.

Harry potter 1 did about $30m in its last summer re-release, I don't think it is too crazy to think avatar can match this number

5 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Not sure if I'm reading the Maoyan app correctly, but presales for Avatar for Friday now look to be up to 2.015m yuan, or just over $300k.

Can someone else confirm I'm reading that right?

Yep

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I hope Avengers-fans & MCU-fans doesn’t get too heartbroken or upset if Avatar takes back the crown as the highest grossing film worldwide.

My main concern was that Endgame would get the top spot in the first place. Avatar taking it back is fine by me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

My main concern was that Endgame would get the top spot in the first place. Avatar taking it back is fine by me. 

Yeah, having the official #1 is nice, but it’s always been so close as to be essentially a tie.    

I can content myself with highest first run gross and admits.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Yeah, having the official #1 is nice, but it’s always been so close as to be essentially a tie.    

I can content myself with highest first run gross and admits.

First in admits is Titanic not AEG